Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times

Advertisements

Hey guys Prodogs was nice enough to provide this link, however I know not everyone will go into the other THREAD so here goes..

http://mrms.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents...-dresscode.pdf

Very Interesting consiering I will have to go buy both my kids shoes....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times
It just says that shoes must be worn at all times and if they have laces they must be tied. Do you not have shoes for your kids?

What caught my eye was the "no shorts above the knees."

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Hey guys Prodogs was nice enough to provide this link, however I know not everyone will go into the other THREAD so here goes..

http://mrms.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents...-dresscode.pdf

Very Interesting consiering I will have to go buy both my kids shoes....lol

Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM

235 posts, read 730,209 times
it means that they have to wear shoes they can not go barefoot....sneakers are allowed as long as they lace them up!! unlike the animals who think it is cool to let their laces hang behind them....I am guessing eventually they will say no slip on shoes or sandals without backs as most schools are finding them a hazard like flip flops...

I know this to be true because it is IDENTICAL to my sons dress code and he can and does wear sneakers everyday..now everyone BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LOL....

Old 02-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Our school in CA had a policy of only closed toed shoes. They said they had too many injuries with sandals, even the ones with straps. Do you have any idea how hard it was for SoCal kids to wear socks and shoes everyday????

My kids took over a year here to even be willing to try closed toed shoes.....even in the winter! They are CA boys to the core.

Oh, and if that breath comment was made to me, I was just playing with NJMom......

Dawn

Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM

HEY MOM DUH??? I MUST BE STUPID...ROFLMAO.....LOL,LOL, oh and for those who dont know MOMOFTWO418 is my best friend since we were 5..hehehehehehe

Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 PM

oh my god YES....I was teasing my dearest friend who is like the sister Iwant and am willing to trade away my evil brother for>>>LOL>>. Please Dawn I am not here to offend anyone...especially someone who I love...teeheee...sorry if you got upset..I just know Staci hates SHOES like I do for kids...we are sneaker FOLK...lol. I just think I feel safer when they are running around like kids do in sneakers..right Staci?? not wearing sandals on bokes like my dear Syd...oy and Matt the year in the park when he opened his knee YUCCKKKK>>>thank god it didnt need stitches....ahh yes sneakers..lol...ok enough on this sillyness on to more important things..LIKE WHAT AM I DOING HERE IN 34 degress when it is 73 in NC???LOL>..

Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 PM

of course my friend, SHOES are taboo in this house my daughter decided to to out in shoes and ride her BIKE IN SEPT AND BROKE HER TIBIA BONE WHICH IS HER SHIN BONE IN 2 PLACES and was in a CAST for 3 months because she didnt listen to her father while I was at back to school night..and I thought they meant Dress Shoes and of course my kids have shoes....Im certainly far from poor...so I wasnt offending anyone...some dress codes require THE KIDS TO WEAR DRESS SHOES...oh Talia you know I love ya....LOL LOL

Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 AM

yep poor Matt would be miserable in dress shoes...eewww just the whinnnnninnggg at Leons wedding he put sneakers on befor we left to get in the car..sigh...kids..

Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 PM

I wasn't offended at all.....I was just joking with NJMom.

Dawn

Old 02-24-2007, 08:58 AM

140 posts, read 590,347 times
does weddington middle school have uniforms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: