U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
How do you cat people have Christmas trees?
I would think it is a cat dream come true
It's funny, but with all the cats we had back in NY, they never climbed into the tree. Well...only once did my siblings Tashi & Bowsie decide to play tag in the tree, but that was it. I chased them outside to play in the real ones. Thank God there were no ornaments on it yet, or I might have had a heart attack. Tashi was cute, he'd walk by the tree, check to see if anyone was looking & then swat at a few ornaments for a few frenzied moments then stop. We started putting all the soft or wooden ones on the bottom after that.

Bowsie preferred my village. She liked to play "Catzilla" in it. She'd walk through, without knocking anything over & lay down in the middle to take a nap. I started leaving a wide blvd for her naps after that.

BxRosie

Old 12-09-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Rosie the 2 best college programs that I know of for broadcasting are at U of P (University of PA) & Temple, both in Philly.

He really needs to do a lot of research. The techs are being cut in droves because of the change-over. The on-camera jobs have a tradition of instability.
THANKS for the heads up Southbound!! The kids in love with camera work. He loves being on the field, in the middle of the action, getting the shots, writing the story & reporting on air. He's very comfortable with the camera, no matter what side of it he's on. At 16, he's decided that this is what he wants to do.

BxRosie

Old 12-09-2008, 09:04 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,304,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
It's funny, but with all the cats we had back in NY, they never climbed into the tree. Well...only once did my siblings Tashi & Bowsie decide to play tag in the tree, but that was it. I chased them outside to play in the real ones. Thank God there were no ornaments on it yet, or I might have had a heart attack. Tashi was cute, he'd walk by the tree, check to see if anyone was looking & then swat at a few ornaments for a few frenzied moments then stop. We started putting all the soft or wooden ones on the bottom after that.

Bowsie preferred my village. She liked to play "Catzilla" in it. She'd walk through, without knocking anything over & lay down in the middle to take a nap. I started leaving a wide blvd for her naps after that.

BxRosie
You're really a cat?? Whoda thunk it??

Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post

You're really a cat?? Whoda thunk it??
MEOW!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

BxRosie

Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 AM

290 posts, read 717,910 times
mornin/afternoon all!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
mornin/afternoon all!
Please tell us you're not just now getting out of bed?!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Please tell us you're not just now getting out of bed?!
Ummmm well... no LOL

Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 AM

21,874 posts, read 27,138,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
THANKS for the heads up Southbound!! The kids in love with camera work. He loves being on the field, in the middle of the action, getting the shots, writing the story & reporting on air. He's very comfortable with the camera, no matter what side of it he's on. At 16, he's decided that this is what he wants to do.

BxRosie
YW, I understand, totally, Rosie. I grew up knowing it was what I wanted to do.

In 2nd grade my class was taken to the TV station in Grand Rapids, & I was enthralled with the cameras. Imagine my parents frustration, in the late 50s/early 60s, when prople would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up & I would tell them I wanted to work a camera in a TV station. After the shock would wear off they'd tell me that girls couldn't do that, but I could be a nurse & I'd look at them like they had 3 heads & just say no. I wasn't seeiing a connection on that one, since there was none

The problem is the newer technology. It's put a lot of people like me who are not old enough to retire, but too old to be wanted as full-timers at the stations out there.

If he enjoys the reporting, I'd suggest that he go at it from that angle. He should look at the assignment desk too. That would not be something that he'd like, long term, but it will give him a well-rounded back-ground & all stations with a news dept. have an assignment desk. Job security, job security, job security.........

Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
Ummmm well... no LOL
Thinking "PartiPersian" may be more fitting, given your propensity for sleep!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Thinking "PartiPersian" may be more fitting, given your propensity for sleep!
LOL you have NOT met my dog!!! He gets up in the morning with a nonchalant stretch and yawn, outside for potty time, breakfast and then back in the king size bed where a poodle can stretch out for a proper nap. Sleep for hours or just loll around, get up, stretch, outside, time for some tv time on the living room couch, stretch, eat dinner, back in bed.. Now thats a LIFE!!!!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte