U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM

21,966 posts, read 27,247,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Must have been quite funny, the looks on the adults faces when you said that, I could see it now. Reminds me of the guy I was dating before I met my DH. 6 mths into dating, his family was thrilled that he was dating an Italian girl & wanted us to get married. Ya...no! You should have seen the look of shock on his face when I said I wanted to become a cop, in NYC no less!(there wasn't't too many females on the job back then) He made the mistake of saying "no wife of mine...yada, yada, yada". That was it...see ya"! BTW...I didn't become a cop (vision problem), but I wound up marrying a Transit cop. I became a police dispatcher some years later. You just never know how things will turn out!

BxRosie
Exactly!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,452,467 times
Well that was fast!! We went to an induction ceremony for my son tonight and it was over in 20 minutes. They had these giant cookies and apple juice afterwards but I was still full from Lorenzo's. So..... I have the youngest one swipe me a cookie and wrap it up for later. I plan on heating it up for 20 seconds in the microwave and chomping down while watching The Biggest Looser.
Recap: I had my daughter steal for her mother and now I will indulge in sheer goodness while watching people struggle for thier lives to loose weight!
I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Well that was fast!! We went to an induction ceremony for my son tonight and it was over in 20 minutes. They had these giant cookies and apple juice afterwards but I was still full from Lorenzo's. So..... I have the youngest one swipe me a cookie and wrap it up for later. I plan on heating it up for 20 seconds in the microwave and chomping down while watching The Biggest Looser.
Recap: I had my daughter steal for her mother and now I will indulge in sheer goodness while watching people struggle for thier lives to loose weight!
I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas!!!

You are encouraging your kids to be theives or the thugs that are mention on here.
It all starts with the home they grow up in and how they are raised.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 PM

21,966 posts, read 27,247,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
He's into his 2nd semester of a digital media class at Mooresville HS. They have to do everything....film, edit, write copy & report. Then they broadcast the finished work on the MNN (Mooresvile Network News) on TW Cable (I have Directv, grrrrr!). He's already been published once on the Mooresville Tribune & Statesville L&R websites. Next year, he'll take the next semester & will be able to compete nationally for a news segment. He's hoping my cousin comes down to visit his sister for Christmas, he wants to pick his brain. He's been a cameraman for years...MSG, NY Rangers & NY Yankees. He really wants to be involved with sports, but you never know. He's thinking about looking into finding a summer intership at one of the TV stations for the summer. I'm glad he's found his niche & he's eager to pursue his college education.

BxRosie
Your cousin is the perfect person for him to talk to, Rosie.

He can have a lot of fun doing his job, in broadcasting, but it is also a high-stress job with a lot of responsibility. For the right personalities, you couldn't have a better job. For most people, not so good.

Over the years, I've trained several people who worked in the stations & who thought that this would be a great, fun job. One worked out. They went back to their old jobs with a new-found respect for what we did.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM

290 posts, read 718,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Parti, how did the interview go??

and, just a note...Atlantic Beach is about 3-4 hours from Charlotte.
LOL Chicago I know how far.. and the interview is at 9am tomorrow.. i cant wait!!!! But I WILL be in NC soon!!!! I swear it

Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,312,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You are encouraging your kids to be theives or the thugs that are mention on here.
It all starts with the home they grow up in and how they are raised.
I suspect the cookies were meant to be taken, so thievery isnt the real crime here. Rather, she is encouraging her child to hide things from authority, which could well lead to life as a smuggler. Of course, that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing- heck, look what it did for Glenn Frey!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
LOL Chicago I know how far.. and the interview is at 9am tomorrow.. i cant wait!!!! But I WILL be in NC soon!!!! I swear it
9 am?? Guess you can kiss that interview goodbye, cuz we all know you dont get up til near noon!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
9 am?? Guess you can kiss that interview goodbye, cuz we all know you dont get up til near noon!
LOL... well ya know.... maybe my extended Vacay is O V E R !!! Now I will have to get up with the rest of the world LMAO

Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
LOL... well ya know.... maybe my extended Vacay is O V E R !!! Now I will have to get up with the rest of the world LMAO
Seriously though- best wishes for a great interview tomorrow!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Seriously though- best wishes for a great interview tomorrow!!
aww thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte