U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,278,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
I not on NC Coast!!!! LOL I on Florida coast.... near Jacksonville Beach well in beween Jacksonville Beach and Mayport Naval Station.. I will make it North soon LOL
Geeezzz . . . obviously I am not processing info this morning, LOL. I read Newport on CHIcubs thread and mixed that up in my feeble brain.

BTW - CHIcubs - I KNOW NEWPORT!!! HA HA HA!!! My dad was in the Marine Corps and he and mom rented their first little house in Newport!! We still have friends in that area . . .

Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,688,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
But Northlake is not Mooresville. Mooresville is another 10 miles or so north.
Right but she trying to loop around the city on 485 to 77 N and the exit after the North Lake exit off of Reames Rd or is that part called Harris Blvd now

Old 12-10-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
PP; there must be an Atlantic Beach in FL.

There is also one in NC..on the coast which is what has everyone confused. Newport is just 5-10 miles west of Atlantic Beach NC!!!!!!
Yes, I see "Atlantic Beach" and think NC coast . . . and the Brunswick Isles, as well.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Right but she trying to loop around the city on 485 to 77 N and the exit after the North Lake exit off of Reames Rd or is that part called Harris Blvd now
YES! It will save time and hassle as long as I know what the heck to do!!!

And I have no idea what time I will be going . . . Dad says the surgery went well (she is out now) and that the doc is saying they may very well send her home this afternoon! So I am getting my ducks in a row to head up that way to help Dad get her out of the car and in the house . . . and play nurse and cook for a while, LOL.

Well, surely there will be a HUGE SIGN that says . . . to I-77 North. Then I stay on 77 to exit 33.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:49 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,149,104 times
Well, good news on Mom's coming out of surgery well.

Still confused why you don't just take 485 south to 77 north (near to Arrowood, I think) and just drive through the city and up to Mooresville? I mean, why take a new road when you are obviously stressed to begin with? This time of day traffic should not be an issue...

Anyway, best of luck getting there! and, have fun playing nursemaid...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:52 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,149,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Well, that is Harris. Don't know, will she have to get off at Harris and then back onto 77 north?

Seems like a lot of confusion when she could have just picked up 77 north down near to Arrowood or even Carowinds Blvd....

Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,299,342 times
Ani knows I'm a fan of hers, but I have to say this: She represents your a-typical woman. She takes a simple way of doing something and complicates it needlessly.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 AM

CHIcubs - yes, I could just do as always . . . 485 to 77 and thru/ town. Well, I guess my thing is . . . the new stretch is open . . . and I should not be such a weenie and wimp about trying out a new route. As long as I have it in my head what to do . . . I will be fine.

I keep trying to pull up maps of the finished stretch but nothing really seems to describe the actual spot where one exits 485 and gets onto 77 . . . I guess my perception is that it will be somewhat awkward there, w/o good signage up yet. Probably just being overly concerned.

I think I will approach this as . . . when I get on 485, I'll just see how traffic is moving and if the spirit moves me to exit towards downtown . . . I will. If not, I will just see how things go on up the road, as it were, LOL. I will allow time so if I get screwed up, I can backtrack. Sure as heck won't be the first time!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Ani knows I'm a fan of hers, but I have to say this: She represents your a-typical woman. She takes a simple way of doing something and complicates it needlessly.
Oh, that is so TRUE! And my family would totally agree w/ you. I am the person you want beside you in a crisis. I take charge, stay very cool and am able to organize even large groups of people and make decisions quickly.

But on other things . . . simple daily things . . . I am overly analytic and sometimes, quite dense. For ex. . . . I decided to buy a large box of cereal, as it was cheaper. But it did not fit in the space where I usually keep cereal. So I was in the process of rearranging a different shelf, so I could find a spot to put the much taller box of cereal.

A family member walked in, asked what the heck was going on . . . I explained . . . and she walked over to the cabinet, turned the box on its side . . . and . . . well . . . problem solved.

That is typical Anifani. Give me a project to manage and I will not only outline strategy, assign duties and timeline, and never miss a detail . . . Give me a needle to thread and I will stare at it for a while, trying to figure out the best approach, HEE HEE HEE.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:19 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,391,096 times
Quote:
A family member walked in, asked what the heck was going on . . . I explained . . . and she walked over to the cabinet, turned the box on its side . . . and . . . well . . . problem solved.
LOL, I can relate to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte