U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,745,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
Okay....just curious??? Do you prefer Facebook or MySpace?
I never felt a desire for MySpace but my sister finally begged me enough to get one. I will only use it to catch up with her and my young neices and nephews. Facebook however, I am hooked. I LOVE going on there and catching up with people (old.old.old high school friends) and seeing how they are.

Let's not even start with the whole teacher fiasco
I prefer facebook. I'm up to 60 or so friends and family members from all around the world. I also have a MySpace page, but it's just to frilly for me. My sisters got me into Facebook and now I'm hooked into everything that happens in my entire family... and it's pretty big.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,745,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Anyone from NY - what do you think about Charlie Rangel. Why do I have a soft spot for him? People say he is a crook but even when I disagree w/ him, I like his style and think he really cares about his constituents. Am I just goofy????
I remember seeing him a lot on the news. He's very active. But, I don't know much to form a solid opinion though. He was from around Harlem if I'm correct???

What's he up to?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 AM

693 posts, read 1,954,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I have a few "Flower carpet" ground cover roses in the front and side of the house that, while I like how well they do, I might pull up and move around to the backyard. I've been noticing a lot of entrances have groupings of pink-to-red flowering shrubs, with a dark-green shiny foliage, most of which are still flowering. Does anyone know what they are, are they a rose or an azalea?
Are you sure the aren't new guinea impatiens planted in clusters? I grew them in the Poconos and they can get almost shrublike

Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I remember seeing him a lot on the news. He's very active. But, I don't know much to form a solid opinion though. He was from around Harlem if I'm correct???

What's he up to?
Yes, his district includes Harlem. Well, Rangel is such a character. He is war hero. I love his perspective on life - he says every day is a good day, cause he thought he was gonna die in the Korean War. He represents Harlem, Spanish Harlem, and some other sections of NYC and has a tough constituency but fights for them, wh/ is why I like him, even when I disagree w/ him.

He enlisted in the Army b/f graduating from HS, but then returned to HS, got his degree, and worked his way thru/ law school! All this, at a time when it was not easy to be black in America.

He got in trouble this past year over some investments, but I honestly thought it was not a big deal and didn't see it as some awful ethics violation once I heard the explanation.

I like Rangel b/c he is consistent w/ his beliefs and seems like a fair man - who has had nothing in his life handed to him. He is one of the people in America I would most like to meet and interview, b/c I think he is real and unvarnished.

But I hear a lot of negative stuff said about him . . . so I wondered how people felt who have observed him up close for a long time.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
Hey mom to be's out there if you are going to have a kid name it something other than Mike or John please. (did I use that smiley right? hehe look like he has a spatula stuck on his head)
You would think people having same name would make it easier for me but it doesnt because when I get ready to say that person name I second guess myself think hmm that to ovious it must be something else.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,271,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
(did I use that smiley right? hehe look like he has a spatula stuck on his head)
Kinda looks like a pirate lifting up his eye patch.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,752,740 times
I prefer Facebook...oh and count me in...

Old 11-13-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hey mom to be's out there if you are going to have a kid name it something other than Mike or John please. (did I use that smiley right? hehe look like he has a spatula stuck on his head)
You would think people having same name would make it easier for me but it doesnt because when I get ready to say that person name I second guess myself think hmm that to ovious it must be something else.
But but . . . I love the names Michael and John, LOL. And then there is the Archangel Michael . . . and St. John.

I like Alec for a kid's name. Alexander, aka Alec.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:38 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,409,122 times
Quote:

ahem...

My oldest is a Junior (Michael)... but everyone calls him Sonny. The irony here is making me crack up.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
ahem...

My oldest is a Junior (Michael)... but everyone calls him Sonny. The irony here is making me crack up.
That is funny!

Sunny, just call everyone Dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte