U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,596,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thanx, Loves! Well, made the trip "up North," LOL!! Even I was able to navigate the new section of 485. However, I will say . . . on the way back (in the rain) there is a lack of signage . . . They do have the big signs on the overpasses but as far as the smaller signs at the shoulders, unless I missed them, nada. There were trucks around me and it was pouring at times, so I could have missed the signs, but I don't think so.

I appreciate the good thoughts about my mom. I was very dubious about this non-FDA approved surgery but I gotta tell ya - mom is doing so well and swears she is not in pain - and that her back/leg pain is gone. Now, I am thinking, SURE . . . for now it is cause you are DRUGGED!!!! But I just talked to her again after arriving home and she swears she is doing really well. The woman was up walking and insisted on eating at the table!!!! Dad and I were bowled over.

The baked ziti came out great so everyone was happy.

WoW!
Maybe the drugs of the surgery havent wore off and she felt invincible.
Either way it looks good for her, you and your family.
Hopefully speedier recovery so everyone can get back to their lives.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:40 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,160,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
WoW!
Maybe the drugs of the surgery havent wore off and she felt invincible.
Either way it looks good for her, you and your family.
Hopefully speedier recovery so everyone can get back to their lives.
Thank you, Sunny! Well, she said it felt like a miracle - that she was in no pain and that her doc and the staff had been wonderful . . . so she was very content.

I promised her if she sticks to her routine and makes a good recovery, I will take her over to drive around the Billy Graham Library/Center. She wants to see the lights. She is so excited about that. She wanted me to call her to let her know I got home okay . . . and she mentioned again that she was going to be very careful and do what she is supposed to so she can have her trip to BG center. I would never have thought about offering that, but for an earlier post here on the forum . . .

Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,128,329 times
Great news, Ani! So glad that it all went well...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,160,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Great news, Ani! So glad that it all went well...
Thanks, CHI! Honestly, I was shocked and so was my Dad. The fact that they released her was the first surprise. We had assumed this would be a stay of two days or so. They inserted some type of stent and also did some fusion - she has never been able to really explain to me what the procedure was - and since it is not FDA approved - I was not able to track down the methodology. All I can say is - if her post-op condition is any indication of future improvement - it sure looks good to me.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM

290 posts, read 719,225 times
Congrats Ani on how good your mom is doing!!!!

Well my interview went well..what she wants is what we call (Like hairstylists) space rental. So, she wants me to pay her a flat monthly fee and work out of her daycare/boarding facility. I am in control of my client files, my own advertising, supplies, booking etc. She just basically wants to offer grooming to any of her daycare/boarding clients who want it. I am in favor of this arrangement for several reasons..
1. Its all in my control
2. I will have the freedom to use the high quality products I enjoy providing my clients with instead of cheap cut rate products most places of this type use.
3. I will keep my own clients which is a big deal to me. I worked hard to get them, and I work hard to keep them. Having to give up that client information as an employee doesnt sit well with me. Any new grooming clients that come in would be mine also. Which also is a big plus. If oneof my clients refers somebody to me, they know that *I* will be the one taking care of their pet.
4. I book my own appointments and have a cell for that purpose. All advertising woudl have my cell number as contact number.

The only con I can think of is I have to pay my for my own advertising. Advertising is expensive..

I already have my own business liabilty insurance so thats not an issue..

Any thoughts??
Poodle

Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,453,374 times
Anyone awake??? This was probably the worst night of my life and I just need to do something to keep from freakin out, so I thought I'd check to see if any of you guys were here.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM

457 posts, read 1,228,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Anyone awake???
Me..!! Wassssupp

Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 PM

Lorenzo's opn? I'm damn hungry....hmmmmm, it sure is quiet in here..

Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,453,374 times
This is really going to bum you out. Are you sure you want to listen to me?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Sure, shoot away...my ambien will be kicking in shortlttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte