U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 05:10 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,387,758 times

Advertisements

So sorry about your friend Doorway ((((Hugs)))

Old 12-11-2008, 07:51 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,453,676 times
You guys are the best!!! Now carry on and do what we normally do around here. This thread is way too quiet (sorry!!) I'm going to try to get some sleep and I'll check in later. Please carry on
Uncgdad, I owe you dinner!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Married? That story would get a criminal crying. 2 1/2 years ago, and one week after thier son graduated high school, her husband kissed her goodbye before going to ride bikes with their son. He hit a bump, fell, broke his neck and died. His son found him in a ditch . Son feels guilty to this day that if he hadn't removed the helmet, maybe his father would still be alive. Guess who found his mother in the bathroom?
Doorway . . . I was up last nite and started to get on, but no one is ever around. My insomnia.

I just found this and am absolutely stunned and so saddened to hear about your friend's death. I lost my best friend after moving back here to NC, wh/ meant I was not there (in Kansas) to help take care of her. She was more than a friend - more like a mother figure. There is no way to explain the loss to anyone else when you are bonded to someone in friendship - the relationship becomes familial.

I just wanted to say that I sending white light to you and healing energy to your friend's son. This is simply unbelievable - two such tragedies in one young person's life.

So so sorry . . .

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 AM

290 posts, read 719,259 times
((((((Doorway))))))))) hugs to you, hun. SO SORRY about your friend. We are here for you...

mornin' all.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 AM

21,982 posts, read 27,269,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Yeah, we were apart for a year now. Hey, what are you doing up this late?
Well, I went to bed after I wrote that. I worked 2nd shift most of my life & 3rd shift was 2nd most frequent, so if I'm frequently up at all hours.

I really do understand. I have my best friend in Michigan, who I've known over 50 years, since kindergarten, and my best friend in South Jersey. Friendships don't have to end because of distance, although the nature of them does.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM

Hey, Parti!!!

Sounds like a good opp w/ the job!!!! As for advertising . . . Hmmm. Have you done a lot of direct advertising thru/ newspapers in the past? Do you have a website/blog? How successful do you feel flyers are? Have you put ads on HOA pages on websites? (That should be minimal - if any - charge).

I don't think I would let the advertising aspect ($$$) stop me, as long as I felt I had other ways of getting the word about about my business.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hey, Parti!!!

Sounds like a good opp w/ the job!!!! As for advertising . . . Hmmm. Have you done a lot of direct advertising thru/ newspapers in the past? Do you have a website/blog? How successful do you feel flyers are? Have you put ads on HOA pages on websites? (That should be minimal - if any - charge).

I don't think I would let the advertising aspect ($$$) stop me, as long as I felt I had other ways of getting the word about about my business.
I would definitely create and maintain a website..with a link from her site to mine. I was browisng Go Daddy a while back, and I may use them. It seems user friendly and inexpensive. Any other advice on a site?
I will have to come up with a contract for us. With such things in it as:
The grooming dept is mine, hiring additional grooming employees such bathers or other groomers would have to go thru me, etc. Set price for lease, etc. I am working on it!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 AM

Yeah. Have it all spelled out. The big thing that I see that is often not clear is a termination clause. So be sure to have something that you can live w/ in the termination clause. Cause you may need to get out of the contract fairly quickly if things fall in place w/ your business here . . .

Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,792,751 times
Quote:
Doorway . . . I was up last nite and started to get on, but no one is ever around. My insomnia.

You sound like me Ani. Can't sleep at night so I'm usually on the computer or watching TV. Just for kicks, I watched "Reefer Madness" on IFC. That didn't even make me sleepy.

BxRosie

Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah. Have it all spelled out. The big thing that I see that is often not clear is a termination clause. So be sure to have something that you can live w/ in the termination clause. Cause you may need to get out of the contract fairly quickly if things fall in place w/ your business here . . .
Yes. I would offer some kind of 2 week term notice, hire a replacement something along those lines.. Because I would definitely not want to be 'trapped' if my chance comes to get that shop up there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte