U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,316,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Nope. I am roaming the house looking for anything chocolate, but to no avail. I hardly ever even keep any sort of snack or dessert in the house. Why I am craving chocolate - no clue. But I sure want some, dang it.
You dont find yourself knitting little booties, do you? Nesting? Any nausea/vomiting in the morning?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:49 AM

161 posts, read 378,002 times
well ok- im game...
do you realise that everytime there is a new re-election- everyone STILL blames the out- going president for the problems left??
(same ole same ole-)
it will be the same with this one also
at the time of his departure from office- whenever that will be..

and really now???
just HOW much power does a president have anyway?
doesnt he still have to answer to the ones around him and get their okay
about stuff first?
who makes the actual decisions?
and , does anyone forsee the demise of this great nation
if we turn against Israel?
(that would be the biggest mistake we could ever make i believe.)

AND another question?
isnt anyone out there a REAL Christian?
and not a pretender?
where are you??

OK- THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THIS GOING AGAIN...
hee hee

Old 12-13-2008, 05:05 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,292,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
well ok- im game...
do you realise that everytime there is a new re-election- everyone STILL blames the out- going president for the problems left??
(same ole same ole-)

and really now???
about stuff first?

AND another question?
and not a pretender?
where are you??

hee hee

Andy Rooney? Is that you?

Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
You dont find yourself knitting little booties, do you? Nesting? Any nausea/vomiting in the morning?
Nesting, yes! Booties, no! Nausea - only when it's the flu! The only blessed event around here lately has been the Kitty, Little Mr. Gitmo, LOL.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
well ok- im game...
(same ole same ole-)

and really now???
about stuff first?

AND another question?
and not a pretender?
where are you??

hee hee
Issue # 1 - Lame Duck Prez. No, he can't do much about anything at this point. And just as Clinton didn't "create" the dot com wealth (or bust!) and Gore didn't "create" the Net . . . Bush did not "create" the banking bust. But don't tell the media that. They wouldn't have anything to talk about. Oh - wait - take that back . . . they are all a-twitter w/ the "transition to power" for Prez O. I have never heard so much gab about an incoming President in my entire life. Every detail, down to "is O secretly smoking?" - it is just waaaaaaay too much info. Yeah, Lame Duck Prez and Prez-elect . . . neither have any real power right now, wh/ bring us to your Issue # 2 . . .

Issue # 2 - Power and the Presidency. Let's all face it. The power rests w/ Congress. End of discussion, except to say . . . Nancy Pelosi - ICK.

Issue # 3 - Israel. It appears you are perhaps referring to Biblical prophecy re: the State of Israel, and that is a subject best kept on the religion forum. However, I do think the majority of Americans feel Israel is one of our most important allies in the world, and deserves our respect and support.

Issue # 4 - Christianity (and religiosity in general). That is an individual commitment and not one that I would ever judge based on outward appearances. How committed a person is to his/her religious beliefs is not my business. I am only responsible for my own spirituality, wh I do not necessarily equate w/ being religious and/or belonging to a particular religious group. How people choose to express their spirituality (or choose not to express it) is their business and b/n them and whatever higher power they recognize (or, if agnostic, choose not to recognize).

Old 12-13-2008, 06:43 AM

I need more coffee. I am wondering . . . do those really expensive coffee makers truly make better coffee? I mean, I have a nice Krups . . . have been using Krups or Braun for nearly 30 years . . . and then my french press . . . so I enjoy good coffee and am usually satisfied w/ how mine turns out. But what about those fancy schmancy coffee makers that do expresso and cappuccino (sp?). . . anyone have one of those?

Old 12-13-2008, 07:00 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,389,179 times
Quote:
I need more coffee. I am wondering . . . do those really expensive coffee makers truly make better coffee? I mean, I have a nice Krups . . . have been using Krups or Braun for nearly 30 years . . . and then my french press . . . so I enjoy good coffee and am usually satisfied w/ how mine turns out. But what about those fancy schmancy coffee makers that do expresso and cappuccino (sp?). . . anyone have one of those?
We use Krups and go through at least 3 pots of coffee a day.

We even made it a chore option for the boys........"coffee maker". LOL

Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
We use Krups and go through at least 3 pots of coffee a day.

We even made it a chore option for the boys........"coffee maker". LOL
HEE HEE - Gosh, Scarlet - you sound like us! We are working on our second pot right now . . . gotta have my joe!!!!

I like your making that a chore option. Teaches a skill, too, LOL!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,389,179 times
Quote:
HEE HEE - Gosh, Scarlet - you sound like us! We are working on our second pot right now . . . gotta have my joe!!!!

I like your making that a chore option. Teaches a skill, too, LOL!!!!
LOL, yeah I'm a big believer in teaching self sufficiency as much as possible! I'd be a zombie without my coffee.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 AM

457 posts, read 1,229,877 times
Ani, I've had my Cuisanart Grind and Brew for 3 years, makes a consistent cup o' joe everytime, the bean grinder is built into the brewer. Picked it up at Linens N Things on sale, plus a 20% coupon, paid about $25 bucks for a $70 maker...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte