U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,193,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
Your responses are always honest and nice. I would not say that you burst anyones bubble,just a shot of reality. Good job with the answers that you provided.
Patti - thank you for being so kind. I worry that sometimes I come across too cut and dried when I am trying to just be factual. I read back over stuff that I write when I am in a hurry and think later - oh no - I sound so harsh. That is what I worry about.

BTW - Patti - what are you planning for the holidays? Doing any cooking? I have not made cookies or candy or anything. We are all too fat here anyway, LOL!!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,256,714 times
Default Losing even more family members from NC

I posted a while back about how we're losing family members as they're leaving NC to find employment elsewhere. First, my brother & SIL left Huntersville for Presque Isle ME, got tired of that and have since settled in Indianapolis. My mom & dad had to leave NC and move to Ohio after his company was bought out by one based there. Now, the two unemployed brothers who currently live in our house are going - one to Texas to become a trucker and one to Ohio where he can continue to work in the Mortgage industry. That'll leave just us two here. Bummer.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:10 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,315,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Patti - thank you for being so kind. I worry that sometimes I come across too cut and dried when I am trying to just be factual. I read back over stuff that I write when I am in a hurry and think later - oh no - I sound so harsh. That is what I worry about.

BTW - Patti - what are you planning for the holidays? Doing any cooking? I have not made cookies or candy or anything. We are all too fat here anyway, LOL!!!!!
My wife just got back from a visit to the doctor's office. She sent me a text saying "I am not happy". I thought "oh no, what could be wrong?". So I caled. Turns out my lovely 6 foot tall wife weighs !&% pounds! Oh the injustice!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,579,855 times
Hi everyone - just fly by posting to touch base! Between working and sharing this computer with my hubby I never seem to have the time to get on here like I'd like. I miss you guys, and I hate that I'm missing all the fun on this thread! Everybody pray my hubby gets a job for Christmas so I can have my computer back, LOL!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
My wife just got back from a visit to the doctor's office. She sent me a text saying "I am not happy". I thought "oh no, what could be wrong?". So I caled. Turns out my lovely 6 foot tall wife weighs !&% pounds! Oh the injustice!!
HEE HEE. I know the feeling . . . the scales are NOT MY FRIEND lately.

Well, just tell her who cares about a number . . . she is your sweetie and that is what counts.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I posted a while back about how we're losing family members as they're leaving NC to find employment elsewhere. First, my brother & SIL left Huntersville for Presque Isle ME, got tired of that and have since settled in Indianapolis. My mom & dad had to leave NC and move to Ohio after his company was bought out by one based there. Now, the two unemployed brothers who currently live in our house are going - one to Texas to become a trucker and one to Ohio where he can continue to work in the Mortgage industry. That'll leave just us two here. Bummer.
Oh wow. I mean - glad that your brothers have found work . . . but what an adjustment for you and your wife. And your other brother in Indy . . . and parents in OH . . . looks like you all have scattered out . . . will any of you be together during the holidays?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hi everyone - just fly by posting to touch base! Between working and sharing this computer with my hubby I never seem to have the time to get on here like I'd like. I miss you guys, and I hate that I'm missing all the fun on this thread! Everybody pray my hubby gets a job for Christmas so I can have my computer back, LOL!!!
Loves, you have no idea how much we miss you!!!! And as far as hubby and a job . . . I really do feel he will get a job soon . . . in fact, I have a feeling that something he has already looked into and thought wasn't going to come to fruition may pop back up on the radar screen. Don't know if that makes any sense . . .

Sending Holly Jolly wishes your way . . . Santa will bring that job . . .just might be more of a New Year's present than a Christmas present!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,579,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Loves, you have no idea how much we miss you!!!! And as far as hubby and a job . . . I really do feel he will get a job soon . . . in fact, I have a feeling that something he has already looked into and thought wasn't going to come to fruition may pop back up on the radar screen. Don't know if that makes any sense . . .

Sending Holly Jolly wishes your way . . . Santa will bring that job . . .just might be more of a New Year's present than a Christmas present!!!!
Thanks Ani - love your upbeat attitude!!! Santa can be late, as long as he comes

Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thanks Ani - love your upbeat attitude!!! Santa can be late, as long as he comes
You betcha!!!! Well, I am hearing sleigh bells and just KNOW they are headed your way . . . but just a little bit of a delayed delivery!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Okay, so I am feeling psychic today. So let's play.

Loves, why does the number 18 pop in my head for you? Having guests arrive on the 18th? If you don't want to say . . . just let me know if the number 18 holds significance.

Hoagie . . . why do I see a hockey stick?

Brian . . . stop thinking about Atlantic City and the Tropicana.

Superk . . . what is it you want to bake . . . cookies? cake?

Okay . . . just having some fun . . . y'all can see I am just fishing to find out what everyone has planned the next few days . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte