U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Reputation: 22370

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Sweet mother of pearl that looks...

like something I'm gonna make on Christmas eve.
Now won't that be fun? And your wife will be impressed . . .

 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,272,389 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Now won't that be fun? And your wife will be impressed . . .

I'd be more impressed if SHE made it.

So what exactly holds this fudge together? I'm guessing the chocolate chips.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,577 posts, read 2,383,501 times
Reputation: 414
That sounds like some tasty fudge! I'm going to try that one with the kiddos. Thanks Ani
 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
 
221 posts, read 648,789 times
Reputation: 69
SB295 thanks for the tip. I have not been to an ingles yet, but have heard on this forum many mention that the bakery compares to northern supermarkets. Some family will be coming from Philly and others Florida. I will have to check them out. I will be scouting the sale items as with this group the grocery bill usually hits over $400. Merry Christmas...here is your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Go out to the Ingles in Kings Mountain & hit the bakery. You can get most of what you need there. Fudge is on sale, $2.98 lb.

Ingles Markets - Grocery Stores, Supermarkets, Pharmacies

A couple of weeks ago, I overheard a woman say that she had come from Belmont.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,853 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
SB295 thanks for the tip. I have not been to an ingles yet, but have heard on this forum many mention that the bakery compares to northern supermarkets. Some family will be coming from Philly and others Florida. I will have to check them out. I will be scouting the sale items as with this group the grocery bill usually hits over $400. Merry Christmas...here is your food.
Patti, I came here from the Philly suburbs. If you need rolls for sandwiches, get the Viera rolls at Ingles. The Philly folks will be happy. Also they have Dietz & Watson which comes from Philly.

Kings Mountain has 2 Food Lions & the new Ingles. Ingles seems to be way cheaper, overall, to me, & much better stocked. It's a very big store & would be considered big in South Jersey.

The bakery is as good as any I've seen in the Philly area supermarkets. I think you can do pretty well in there. If you get there, let me know if it works for you.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,272,389 times
Reputation: 2121
This isn't the infamous CW Post College version that every radio station seems to play, but it's every bit as good as that one WITH a great story taboot.



YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town + Santa Story - 1978-12-15


This version is a day over thirty years old but just a wonderful version, complete with some Jersey shore imagery.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,853 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
This isn't the infamous CW Post College version that every radio station seems to play, but it's every bit as good as that one WITH a great story taboot.



YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town + Santa Story - 1978-12-15


This version is a day over thirty years old but just a wonderful version, complete with some Jersey shore imagery.
Thanks, Brian! I'd rep you if it would let me. The Philly stations always play that. I knew I was missing hearing something, but couldn't put my finger in it till you posted that.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
3,423 posts, read 9,227,117 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh wow. I mean - glad that your brothers have found work . . . but what an adjustment for you and your wife. And your other brother in Indy . . . and parents in OH . . . looks like you all have scattered out . . . will any of you be together during the holidays?
They both head out after the holiday. Let's see, MIL is going to fly from CT to Atlanta Tuesday, where SIL will pick her up, and then head directly to Huntersville. They'll stay through Thursday, where the 7 of us will go to the Grandover Resort for the Christmas Brunch. MIL & SIL will then head straight back afterward to Macon, GA, where they will spend Christmas night with their stepdaughters/stepgrandaughters and their families.
 
Old 12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'd be more impressed if SHE made it.

So what exactly holds this fudge together? I'm guessing the chocolate chips.
Honestly, I don't know! When it gets chilled, it "sets" . . .

Well if you buy the ingredients . . . maybe DW will make it!!!
 
Old 12-16-2008, 02:33 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
They both head out after the holiday. Let's see, MIL is going to fly from CT to Atlanta Tuesday, where SIL will pick her up, and then head directly to Huntersville. They'll stay through Thursday, where the 7 of us will go to the Grandover Resort for the Christmas Brunch. MIL & SIL will then head straight back afterward to Macon, GA, where they will spend Christmas night with their stepdaughters/stepgrandaughters and their families.
That will be a really nice brunch . . .

It is gonna seem really quiet after the holidays!!! That is how it felt when DS left to college . . . so odd w/o all the movement in the house . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top