Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times

Advertisements

PS: I love Miracle Whip....

But, for actual mayonnaise, it is Hellman's...

Old 12-17-2008, 08:58 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
PS: I love Miracle Whip....

But, for actual mayonnaise, it is Hellman's...
SIGH. Miracle Whip? Well, when I moved to the Midwest, I was very very shocked to find everyone used it. In fact, people told me they loved Miracle Whip but would not eat anything w/ mayo in/on it. And there was no Duke's mayo! However, I discovered Sauer's brand, wh/ I believe is made by the same folks . . . or at least . . . somewhere along the way, I was told that it is made at the same food processors. It does taste the same to me.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I was thinking it would be a disaster if I heated it up really quick too.

Between the chocolate potato chips and this fudge, CD is going to be the death of me.

And then add this little heart attack I found earlier...

I think you just gave an idea for my next covered dish dinner at my church.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:10 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I could bring you as well or anyone that doesnt live out in the sticks some in that isnt store bought type or if you do buy it . Trust me the one that costs more is the one to buy especially for first time buyers.
Thanks, Sunny, but I think I'm just next door to the sticks, here in Kings Mountain. I appreciate your explanation.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
SIGH. Miracle Whip? Well, when I moved to the Midwest, I was very very shocked to find everyone used it. In fact, people told me they loved Miracle Whip but would not eat anything w/ mayo in/on it. And there was no Duke's mayo! However, I discovered Sauer's brand, wh/ I believe is made by the same folks . . . or at least . . . somewhere along the way, I was told that it is made at the same food processors. It does taste the same to me.
Well, being honest, my taste buds have been ruined by too many untreated sinus infections when I was younger, so, unless there is a REALLY strong taste, I cannot taste the difference. It all tastes the same to me! Guess that is good...I can buy the cheaper stuff and never even know the difference!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I FORGOT TO ADD THIS TO THE PIMENTO CHEESE RECIPE!!!!!

Only use DUKE's mayo. Every other mayo has a slightly different taste, including Hellman's. And for God's sake, DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP. I don't know how Miracle Whip got invented or even WHY - but that stuff is just NASTY and no authentic Southern cook will be caught dead w/ Miracle Whip even on the pantry shelves!!!!!
LOL, I think that Miracle Whip is a midwestern thing, Ani. Trust me, you don't want my mom's recipe for tuna salad. People who've had it in South Jersey thought it was great until they asked what the recipe was.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,084 times
Just because I'm a nerd and I found this algorithm useful for a computer program in college...

1) Pick any number between 1-9
2) Multiply by 3 then
3) Add 3
4) Multiply by 3
5) You'll get a 2 or 3 digit number
6) Add the digits together

No matter what you pick it will equal 9.

/end my nerd statement

If you care to test, the excel formula is
Quote:
=LEFT((((M8*3)+3)*3),1) + RIGHT((((M8*3)+3)*3),1)
Where M8 is the cell containing the value you selected in step 1.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
LOL, I think that Miracle Whip is a midwestern thing, Ani. Trust me, you don't want my mom's recipe for tuna salad. People who've had it in South Jersey thought it was great until they asked what the recipe was.
maybe because Kraft Foods is HQ in the Detroit area???

Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Oh my!! I am now craving bacon!! I think I would throw some hash browns in the middle with the cheese and serve it for breakfast with grits and eggs and biscuits. *drooling* Maybe we'll have that on Christmas!!

OK, I may not be Southern but even I know that Miracle Whip is not mayo or even close and the miracle is that anyone even eats that stuff. DH did not even know what real mayo was when we got married, he was raised on all kinds of fake foods like Miracle Whip and biscuits that pop out of cans, cookies that are sliced from tubes. What a shame.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
maybe because Kraft Foods is HQ in the Detroit area???
I don't know. I know a number of people in KY who swear by Miracle Whip, too

A couple of times, when we first moved to South Jersey, Mom couldn't find Miracle Whip & got Kraft mayonaise, but it got a big thumbs down. Actually, Miracle Whip was the fall-back ingredient when she made tuna salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte