Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,350,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
Yum Ani.. sounds wonderful.. Brian cant have any though..he is being mean to the Poodle

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Now if you're talking the Bon Jovi stuff that he did all rearranged and acoustic from a few years back, I'm with ya there. I saw that show on a high def station while I was laid out with bronchitis. I was so impressed that when I got better I bought the DVD.

Now I'll take "Wanted: Dead or Alive" any day of the week. I'll take the stuff from his little country bend that he's been on lately. The rest of it? Blech...

He's a Sayreville boy though. I always pull for Jersey boys to do good....even Bon Jovi.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM

290 posts, read 812,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Now if you're talking the Bon Jovi stuff that he did all rearranged and acoustic from a few years back, I'm with ya there. I saw that show on a high def station while I was laid out with bronchitis. I was so impressed that when I got better I bought the DVD.

Now I'll take "Wanted: Dead or Alive" any day of the week. I'll take the stuff from his little country bend that he's been on lately. The rest of it? Blech...

He's a Sayreville boy though. I always pull for Jersey boys to do good....even Bon Jovi.
LOL not Shayne's fault he was born in 1987.. the year of Livin on a Prayer.. I aint tellin him either

Old 12-20-2008, 07:03 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,949,231 times
ok, guys, about to make you all jealous...

have been to the (actual) Liverpool, saw Paul McCartney's house (where he grew up) as well as John Lennon's...actually stood in front of Strawberry Fields (an orphanage) and, even was in the rebuilt Cavern. The original had been demolished and filled in by the city of Liverpool long before the Beatles made it big, so, they rebuilt it across the street.

Took a tour on a 1960's-era tour bus called...wait for it...The Magical Mystery Tour.

Have a few photos that I could post maybe tomorrow...

Old 12-20-2008, 07:05 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,350,619 times
Quote:
LOL not Shayne's fault he was born in 1987.. the year of Livin on a Prayer.. I aint tellin him either

Absolutely not.

It's everyone else's fault for catapulting that song as high up the charts as they did.

Ugh....

Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
ok, guys, about to make you all jealous...

have been to the (actual) Liverpool, saw Paul McCartney's house (where he grew up) as well as John Lennon's...actually stood in front of Strawberry Fields (an orphanage) and, even was in the rebuilt Cavern. The original had been demolished and filled in by the city of Liverpool long before the Beatles made it big, so, they rebuilt it across the street.

Took a tour on a 1960's-era tour bus called...wait for it...The Magical Mystery Tour.

Have a few photos that I could post maybe tomorrow...
Oh awesome Chi that way I can show my daughter.. at the age of 14, she is now of the new generation of Beatlemania.. she has posters on her wall, t-shirts etc.. all because of that movie.. I am trying to tell her that when she gets her inheritance when seh is 18 she really ought to go to Great Britain and visit London and Beatle sites.. (Of course this gives Mom a chance to tag along and go to Scotland!)

Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Absolutely not.

It's everyone else's fault for catapulting that song as high up the charts as they did.

Ugh....
LOL i remember being beastly preggo with him and drooling over Big haired John Bon Jovi <smh>

Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Oh awesome Chi that way I can show my daughter.. at the age of 14, she is now of the new generation of Beatlemania.. she has posters on her wall, t-shirts etc.. all because of that movie.. I am trying to tell her that when she gets her inheritance when seh is 18 she really ought to go to Great Britain and visit London and Beatle sites.. (Of course this gives Mom a chance to tag along and go to Scotland!)
Just so you know, Liverpool is at the extreme north end of the country; whereas London is south. It's about a 5 hour train ride between the two...and, Scotland, well, that is probably another couple of hours north east. Completely different cultures, too. Liverpool also has this fantastic museum dedicated to the millions of immigrants that went thru there to come to America....including slaves. There is a life-size exhibit showing the slave ships and the conditions that those poor people had to endure. It was very sobering and tear-jerking.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Brian, if you go to the city (Chicago) you'll have to let me know; I'll steer you to some of the best pizza you've ever eaten!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Just so you know, Liverpool is at the extreme north end of the country; whereas London is south. It's about a 5 hour train ride between the two...and, Scotland, well, that is probably another couple of hours north east. Completely different cultures, too. Liverpool also has this fantastic museum dedicated to the millions of immigrants that went thru there to come to America....including slaves. There is a life-size exhibit showing the slave ships and the conditions that those poor people had to endure. It was very sobering and tear-jerking.
I have lots of places I want to go if we get to go.. London, Liverpool, Stonehenge, Scotland, Paris...LOL

Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM

I adore London. Would move there tomorrow if I could work there. Liverpool is really cool, too. A blue-collar kind of town. Never been to Stonehenge or Scotland (the latter is too cold for me). Have no desire to go to Paris; don't speak the language and I am not frou-frou enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte