U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-23-2008, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 13,111,325 times
Reputation: 2323

Advertisements

oh,and Brian...

those photos were very lovely. Thank you for sharing.

 
Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 PM
 
Location: jacksonville fl
290 posts, read 718,250 times
Reputation: 47
Okay trip planned. A good friend of mine who is also a groomer is off all this week after Christmas so she decided a road trip was just what a few old groomers needed! We will be there on Friday around 12 noon and then leave on saturday afternoon after we spend two days in the shop. We will use Friday for going over the books and then Saturday watching the shop in action I am so STOKED
 
Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Reputation: 22371
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
Okay trip planned. A good friend of mine who is also a groomer is off all this week after Christmas so she decided a road trip was just what a few old groomers needed! We will be there on Friday around 12 noon and then leave on saturday afternoon after we spend two days in the shop. We will use Friday for going over the books and then Saturday watching the shop in action I am so STOKED
Well, that sounds about perfect, Parti! And you will have a support system so that is gonna be good! Two pairs of eyes to check things out - WONDERFUL!!!!
 
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Reputation: 22371
CHI - glad you go thru/ the day alright! Thought about you several times . . . wondered how it was going.

Enjoy your days off . . .
 
Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,276,820 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
oh,and Brian...

those photos were very lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks.

I stepped into the living room on my way to get something to drink and I see this purple-y, pinkish, some sort of color against the living room wall. I'm like, "what in the...", turn to the balcony and see this blazing, boiling sunrise. They don't last for more than a few minutes it seems, so it was a dash to get my camera and just started clicking away. Those were two of the better ones.
 
Old 12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,898 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Reputation: 8966
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The Sudafed thing makes me so damned mad. DH, son and I all use it. Used to be able to buy it in BIG bottles. Now I have to keep running back to the pharmacy, go to the back, show my ID . . . If I wanted to run a meth lab, I would just pay a bunch of people to drive around all day to different stores in different counties and in SC, VA and TN and load up on the legal limit. Good grief. There are meth labs all over.

The compressed air. Wrote a story on that two years ago. Kids use if for something called "huffing."

Here is a wikipedia article that explains the many forms of huffing.

Inhalant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Geeze, this is news to me, Ani. Sudafed (& all of the store-brand versions) is available on the store shelves in Jersey & Delaware.
 
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Reputation: 22371
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Geeze, this is news to me, Ani. Sudafed (& all of the store-brand versions) is available on the store shelves in Jersey & Delaware.
You mean - they have not passed this punitive law that only affects normal people like me who just want some pseudoephedrine (sp) for personal use????? So so so aggravating.
 
Old 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,511,961 times
Reputation: 14918
I wasnt looking for sudafed but primatine mist and the pharmacy was closed.

I was getting ill with the associate who told me he could get the over the counter item because the pharmacy was closed!!

I said it "over the counter "
I understand about the meth heads but the associates should have a key if they are going to keep over the counter merchandise behind the counter.

I was looking for something as simple as Primatine Mist an asthmatic drug and I was having a mild attack at that moment and told the associate well Im going to just pass out on your floor because I cannot get oxygen to my brain. I was getting paranoid because I already ran into same deal at two other pharmacy places.

A pharmacy place cant offer over the counter medicine... UNBELIVABLE

ok I vented
 
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Reputation: 22371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I wasnt looking for sudafed but primatine mist and the pharmacy was closed.

I was getting ill with the associate who told me he could get the over the counter item because the pharmacy was closed!!

I said it "over the counter "
I understand about the meth heads but the associates should have a key if they are going to keep over the counter merchandise behind the counter.

I was looking for something as simple as Primatine Mist an asthmatic drug and I was having a mild attack at that moment and told the associate well Im going to just pass out on your floor because I cannot get oxygen to my brain. I was getting paranoid because I already ran into same deal at two other pharmacy places.

A pharmacy place cant offer over the counter medicine... UNBELIVABLE

ok I vented
But but but . . . did you ever get the Primatine Mist????
 
Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,511,961 times
Reputation: 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But but but . . . did you ever get the Primatine Mist????
I was in Lexington NC when this started then drove to Salisbury and ran into same situation I knew where to find it in Huntersville at the Walgreens there because it on a top shelf not at easy eye view ....that is another story
Yes I found it there 2 hours later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top