U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,130,161 times

Advertisements

WOW, Sunni, I hope that when you actually FIND that primatine, that you will keep extras on hand just for that purpose!! having an asthma attack and not being able to get relief...

But, here is a remedy, not fast acting or anything, but, it works if you are having a (mild) asthma attack: lightly place a warm, damp wash cloth over your nose/mouth, breathe in, remove. Do this several times. When you are breathing a bit better, sip some room-temperature, non carbonated 7 up slowly. (the 7 up sat out without a cover to keep the carbonation out). After awhile, you will be able to breathe normally.

My grandfather had empahsyma (sp?). He was on oxygen, but, would have breathing attacks. He would have me do this for him and he would be fine. Don't know why he did not have an inhaler. Maybe they did not have them then?

Old 12-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,288,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Geeze, this is news to me, Ani. Sudafed (& all of the store-brand versions) is available on the store shelves in Jersey & Delaware.

Yep...but you're only allowed so much per purchase if I remember right.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:09 PM

21,985 posts, read 27,275,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You mean - they have not passed this punitive law that only affects normal people like me who just want some pseudoephedrine (sp) for personal use????? So so so aggravating.
Ani, on the way down here, I did a detour in Delaware & picked up some odds & ends at places on Naamans's road & Concord Pike in Delaware, & one of my stops was Happy Harry's (Walgreen in Delaware) & I walked passed a huge display of Sudafed etc. in an AISLE on the way to check out.

Actually, South Jersey used to have a lot of meth labs in houses, but in recent years, with the property values getting driven up, people appear to have lost interest in the possibility of blowing the place to kingdom come.

Last edited by southbound_295; 12-23-2008 at 09:00 PM..

Old 12-23-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yep...but you're only allowed so much per purchase if I remember right.
LOL, beats me, Brian, I only ever wanted one box at a time.

If I have a cold, my preference is Cold-Eeze. For most other wintery illnesses I go for Goldenseal & Echinacea.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,288,817 times
Quote:

If I have a cold, my preference is Cold-Eeze. For most other wintery illnesses I go for Goldenseal & Echinacea.

They'd have signs posted either at the registers or in the aisle that you were allowed only so much per purchase. Which was still ridiculous because you'd either pay for your sudafed and go back in for more, or you'd have someone with you that you've already given money to in order to get what you need. It's more of a token move than anything substantial

I can't take that Sudafed anyway. Last time I took it my head dried up so bad that I was guzzling the biggest bottles of gatorade, the ones that you always seem to see on the bottom shelves, like a cartoon character.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:28 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,179,255 times
Quote:
They'd have signs posted either at the registers or in the aisle that you were allowed only so much per purchase. Which was still ridiculous because you'd either pay for your sudafed and go back in for more, or you'd have someone with you that you've already given money to in order to get what you need. It's more of a token move than anything substantial

I can't take that Sudafed anyway. Last time I took it my head dried up so bad that I was guzzling the biggest bottles of gatorade, the ones that you always seem to see on the bottom shelves, like a cartoon character.
ROFL! I can just see you w/ the gatorade, Brian!

And yes - my husband will get his limit, and I will get mine . . . and we will stand in line and check out separately. What a bunch of hooey. Waste of time for all concerned.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 9 days ago)

5,607 posts, read 6,697,498 times
Quote:

sb - My preference for treating a cold is to down a cup of Nyquil followed by a couple of scotches - after a while, I no longer care whether I have a cold and I sleep like a baby that night!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM

290 posts, read 719,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
sb - My preference for treating a cold is to down a cup of Nyquil followed by a couple of scotches - after a while, I no longer care whether I have a cold and I sleep like a baby that night!
Amen and ya sweat it ALL out too!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:

No signs to that effect in Delaware...... Haven't paid attention in Jersey, though. I just know that they're in the aisles in large quantities. I started doing a lot of my shopping in Delaware when McGrevey decided to balance the state budget with cigarette taxes. It was pretty obvious that the source of the problem was Christy Whitman's tax-breaks-for-the-wealthy tax cut.

That must have been wicked, to make you guzzle that much Gatorade, Brian.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,130,161 times
Well, g'night all. Maybe we can get a good night's sleep tonight.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte