Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 07:31 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Ohhhh!!! Great idea!!! This could be YouTube material, ROFL!!! Regardless, you know we are all gonna want to see how it all comes together . . .

NOW SUNNY!!! This is gonna taste GREAT!!!!! (or at least, provide us w/ some interesting photos, Hee Hee)

Go, Brian!!!

I ain't youtubing this one. My hands are gonna be full as it is.

I do have a few homemade youtube videos up though, synched with music using EAC, my shots with a different camera, and Windows Photo Story. They were pretty much done when I was just toying around with it. If I really take it seriously, I'll bet I can come up with something good.

YouTube - This is Nascar...The Coca Cola 600

YouTube - The Coca Cola 600 May 27th, 2007

YouTube - Second video

Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
This didn't take long....%#@$&!!!!.....

Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
speaking of cameras

My camera can handle one of those High Digital 8 GB memory sticks I inserted it in my computer and it would not read it. I was about to go bonkers trying to make it work. I even tried on someone else computer who computer is also rather new same issue. The pictures & video will show up on someone else camera so I ruled out the disk is corrupt and I was flustered because the disk is brand new ...
Apparently the technology is so new that computers are not made to handle it as of yet.
You need to hook the usb camera cord to the pc to copy the photos .
Keep in that in mind in case you guys run into that and if your camera can handle HD

Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 AM

Alright...that situation is under control

Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 AM

Well I just learned something new...Reeses peanut butter chips do not liquefy. Not sure why I thought they would, but I kinda prepared for them to do so. So now I had to spread the peanut butter over the first layer by hand (needless to say that didn't come out competely even, it will the next time) and then pour the rest of the chocolate on top. I still have some pretty high hopes for the taste. The presentation itself...ehhhh not so much.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:59 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
Good morning all. Slept like a baby last night...which is good because I hadn't been sleeping too well lately.

need to pop over to Aldi for a pie and some salad for tomorrow's dinner. Other than that, lunch at Mangionne's (sp?) with ds & dil at 1.30.

Anyone living in north Charlotte, I would welcome you to a non-traditional Christmas Eve service at Mosaic...7.00 pm, Mallard Creek High School. Lots of music...I think that you might like the music, Brian .....and hot cocoa, hot cider....not to mention an inspiring message!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Well I just learned something new...Reeses peanut butter chips do not liquefy. Not sure why I thought they would, but I kinda prepared for them to do so. So now I had to spread the peanut butter over the first layer by hand (needless to say that didn't come out competely even, it will the next time) and then pour the rest of the chocolate on top. I still have some pretty high hopes for the taste. The presentation itself...ehhhh not so much.
slightly scary that Reeses chips don't liquefy. Wonder what they are made of???

Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
slightly scary that Reeses chips don't liquefy. Wonder what they are made of???
I don't know!!!! But they wouldn't melt. They just cohesed..became cohesive...stuck together in one lump....

Oh believe me, I tried to get them to melt and I was thinking about adding milk or something to break it down, but I was pretty sure that wouldn't do a thing.

So now they're under the heat of the top layer of chocolate. Hopefully that'll encase the peanut butter good as I intentionally left tiny empty spaces in spots for the chocolate to mold around.

Next time I'm just gonna put the peanut butter under a roller, flatten it out, lay big pieces of that on top of the first layer, poke a few holes for the chocolate to mold around, and then add the top layer.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM

wow! but, that stuff should taste great!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
wow! but, that stuff should taste great!
I had these images of a neat little layer of chocolate on the bottom, a neat little layer of peanut butter in the middle, and a need little layer of chocolate on the top. I'm talking a candy you'd want to take a picture WITH, not just of. As it stands now it'll probably taste a whole lot better than it looks. Which is most important, but I was really looking forward to having a home made, show off-y kind of fudge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte