U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times

Advertisements

Parti - safe travels!

CHI - hope the day goes well!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,823,929 times
Love our Wii!!! We drink and then play..Much funner LOL..
Getting over my cold, I think. However, now its time to clean up the house..

Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 AM

I got myself some china for Christmas. Only it has never arrived. Ebay. Shipper sent via USPS - I made the big mistake of assuming it would be sent UPS. Even tho it was shipped as a delivery that needed to be signed for . . . would you believe that USPS tells me they can help me in NO WAY? It was shipped on the 17th from Illinois. Have the label number! But USPS customer service says . . . there is nothing anyone can do to help me - they cannot track "ground packages." So all I can do is . . . file a claim if it doesn't show up in 21 days. Well, no not exactly. I cannot file the claim. I have to rely on the goodwill and cooperation of the party I bought it from - the shipper - to file that claim. And the shipper informed me two days ago that he has a mom in the hospital out of town and will be gone for a while.

So here I sit. No clue where the package is - someone could have stolen it off a truck for all I know. And no way to replace it, b/c it was a purchase from an individual. So I wait 21 days and if it doesn't show up, file a claim . . . and someday if I am lucky . . . get my money back.

I cannot believe that USPS does not have scanners that pick up label numbers as they are passing thru/ on conveyor belts.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Okay. Something else. I paid the seller. So the seller has his money. If he has to file the claim, what does that mean? He gets the money? When do I get MY MONEY back? I am totally confused.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,643,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Love our Wii!!! We drink and then play..Much funner LOL..
Getting over my cold, I think. However, now its time to clean up the house..
The Wii is so much fun! I'm not into video games at all so I was skeptical when a friend invited me over for a mini Wii get together. After that I was hooked.

Brian - We played that bowling game. I was sore the next day!

Ani - Sorry about your china. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
The Wii is so much fun! I'm not into video games at all so I was skeptical when a friend invited me over for a mini Wii get together. After that I was hooked.

Ani - Sorry about your china. Hopefully it will turn up soon.
Thank, NCgirl. I have a bad feeling about it, LOL. I am really concerned about how I will finally get reimbursed . . . but also really really disappointed b/c I have been trying to find a bargain on my china for years . . . and finally won an auction that truly was a bargain . . . and still no china!!!

I LOVE Wii!!!! I really like tennis as well as bowling. I bought a Wii last year for DS and he promised to bring it down at THanksgiving but No - he didn't. And again, I requested for Christmas and well . . . it isn't here!!! The kid needs to share w/ his Momma!!!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 10:14 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But USPS customer service says . . . there is nothing anyone can do to help me - they cannot track "ground packages."

If that's the case then what is this

USPS - Track & Confirm - Put our delivery information to work for you

doing on usps' site? This isn't the pony express.

As long as either your or the seller has the shipping number, they can absolutely track a ground package. If there's an instance of where a ground package can't be tracked, I've yet to hear of it.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post

I think that's the big game in that bundle, the bowling one. I know there's another bundle of games that's packaged when you buy a second controller, but I'm hooked on this one. There's a few games I'd really like to pick up at some point in the future, one of those Kart games with the steering wheel being one of them. The only other game I got is the other bowling game I mentioned. That one's as much fun, it just a bit more getting used to. Instead of having the player's arm motion match yours, you'll finish your swing before your bowler takes his. Essentially you perform the move and then watch it play out. They're different, but just as much fun.

One thing about Nintendo, they never really go for the games that blow you away graphics wise, but the fun factor is just off the charts.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
If that's the case then what is this

USPS - Track & Confirm - Put our delivery information to work for you

doing on usps' site? This isn't the pony express.

As long as either your or the seller has the shipping number, they can absolutely track a ground package. If there's an instance of where a ground package can't be tracked, I've yet to hear of it.
That's what I thought. But I have wasted several hours now trying to get through to customer service people and the two I finally spoke w/ tell me emphatically that until that package reaches its destination, it is not tracked. I KNOW!! Crazy!!! Makes no sense. Why do they bother to have scanners and bar coding? I asked that. I was told if it is priority mail, yes, they scan and track. But otherwise, it is only scanned once delivered (thus - out of the system).

I was told to give it til Monday - then if it has not arrived - I have to get the seller to file a claim . . . but they do not process claims until 21 days after they have been filed . . . etc. etc. Nuttiest stuff I have heard. Meanwhile, seller has my money . . . and I don't get my money until the insurance claim is settled.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM

I have been on that USPS tracking site for days now. Here is what it says when I put the tracking # in.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 17, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

And the agents I spoke to said it won't show anything else until I have received it. I said - come on, why wouldn't it show what truck it was put on, what state it had been received it, etc. They both said - nope - that site is really for SHIPPERS - to see when the person receiving the shipment actually got it. I said - so you mean - the only time it will show any info is after I have received it? They both said YES - and that there was no reason for me to keep checking it cause once it is on my doorstep - then it will be updated that night.

In other words, the only way that site will help me is if they deliver it to the wrong house - then I would see that SOMEONE got it - just not me, HEE HEE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte