U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,288,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Brian - is jury duty over now or do you have to show up tomorrow, too?

Nope, I'm done. We got the case handed to us a little after noon on Friday afternoon, deliberated until close to one, broke for lunch, came back at two, deliberated until about 3:15-3:20 and came to our verdict. While the trial portion was horrifically boring at times, the deliberation was pretty intense.

(We were instructed that we can talk about this to whomever)

All of us agreed that the plaintiff in this case was coconuts with more than just a few toys in her attic. When we stepped back and looked at it, her credibility had nothing to do with our verdict. She claimed that a car accident re-aggravated her back and neck injuries and was suing for everything...doctor's bills, chiro bills, pain and suffering. In the end she made a fatal mistake of not going back to the hospital for a followup like the documents told her to, taking it upon herself to go to her family chiropractor who she's been going to for the past 20 years. Had she followed everything to the letter it would've taken a little longer to come to our monetary decision but given that little break in protocol, all she got was her initial medical bills, far lower than the full amount she was expecting.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
I've got to clean out my SUV and I don't want to. There's bags of stuff, empty beer cans, subway sandwich wrappers, god knows what else...

I don't want to do this.....

Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,454,043 times
Did ya give her the chair??? You know you were secretly dying to give someone the death penalty, Brian.

Ani.... Doorway to another conciousness? I like that!! Now if I could just find the damn key, I'd like to spend a few days there.
Roxi, thank you for your kind words. I almost put up a second tree this year and now I'm really glad I didn't. I plan on having the kids take off the ornaments while the Giants game is on and I'll pack them up. If the giants win, I'll have hubby take the tree up for me. If they loose, he may very well suggest that I put it where the angel did!!!!! It's a 12 foot tree
So, if for no other reason than that, can you please root for the Giants today????

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I've got to clean out my SUV and I don't want to. There's bags of stuff, empty beer cans, subway sandwich wrappers, god knows what else...

I don't want to do this.....
I had a vision of that link you sent us of the messy apartment covered in Whats a burger bags and cig. butts. That was gross. I tried to find it for my family, but kept getting called away to slave for someone.
Oh well, maybe you'll find something you've been looking for in there.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I had a vision of that link you sent us of the messy apartment covered in Whats a burger bags and cig. butts. That was gross. I tried to find it for my family, but kept getting called away to slave for someone.

It was all tailgating stuff from yesterday. It wasn't that bad in there...the body count on the beers I had was about average, maybe a bit less than normal (8), my wife had a few wine coolers, the sandwich wrappers, a few other things. It's not like the cleanup after a race tailgate. Those take forever.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,172,097 times
Well, when I have a task to do that I truly despise (or just am not in the mood to do) . . . I have a really pedantic approach that helps me get motivated.

I decide to allot an amount of time to it and take the kitchen timer w/ me . . . set it and see how much I can do in that increment of time. So for a vehicle clean out - I think - what is the least amount of time that will aggravate me to devote to this task? Oh . . . 15 minutes.

I get all my stuff together (garbage bag, car vac, wet wipes, whatever) set the timer and see if I can finish it b/f the timer goes off.

15 minutes doesn't seem so bad, you know?

Then if I don't get it finished, I determine how much more I can endure . . . say 10 minutes . . . and see if I can finish it up in less time.

It almost always turns out . . . I get the task finished b/f the timer goes off.

I know it sounds like a silly game but sometimes I just can't get moving unless I challenge myself in some way.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post

I finally washed my car in three months . I am picky about it usually being clean but either cold weather or rain has prevented me.

If I didnt slide in some red mud in the yard I would been ok but those who know what happens to red mud understand.

Now if I can just do the interior.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:00 PM

I HATE the Eagles!!! 20-11 w/ 7 mins to go. Thanks for letting me get that out. I'm gonna miss the rest of the game now because I have to take my daughter to a Birthday Party. Who has a Birthday party when the Giants are playing??????

Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,172,097 times
Poor Doorway . . . .

Old 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,793,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hope you and Doorway get over "the crud" this week . . . that mess hangs on and on. It is so hard when one gets sick at holidays . . . so much going on and easy to get run down on top of being sick - we tend to push when we really should be in bed recuperating. So hope you get to feeling 100% yourself soon!!!!

One thing about decorations - they will wait til you can get around to them!!!
It started out as a sinus infection, now it's just an annoying cough without any congestion. Finished off the antibiotics & all the joy they bring. Slowly starting to feel better.

Meanwhile, DH & DS have been watching football for the better part of the day while I do laundry, clean & take quick breaks to check on here & Facebook. Now it's time for dinner.....grrrrrrrr......

Come 8pm, I'm done....it'll be time for JACK!

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte