U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Lincoln, RI
105 posts, read 372,118 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Thanks Ani...I have always been around but no much and when I was, I was just reading. I am glad to become part of the daily posters. You will however find me missing most of the time on the weekends. With three kids, my weekends are really busy and I will jump on only if I have a free minute. I look forward to getting to know everyone here, including the ones that I met at RiRa already. It was CD that helped me during my move down here and I am so greatful for it all....especially LovesMountains. She was more than helpful going above and beyond what she could do to help me. I hope that I can help others in their transition in the same way.

Christina

 
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
Thanks Ani...I have always been around but no much and when I was, I was just reading. I am glad to become part of the daily posters. You will however find me missing most of the time on the weekends. With three kids, my weekends are really busy and I will jump on only if I have a free minute. I look forward to getting to know everyone here, including the ones that I met at RiRa already. It was CD that helped me during my move down here and I am so greatful for it all....especially LovesMountains. She was more than helpful going above and beyond what she could do to help me. I hope that I can help others in their transition in the same way.

Christina
Loves is a JEWEL and I am not surprised at all that she helped you! I am so glad to hear you are willing to help others now that you have "been thru/ the move" - as I do feel our forum is truly an asset for anyone relocating here. Of course, I say this all the time - I continue to learn things from our members on nearly a daily basis. It is like having an inside scoop on our region . . .
 
Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Lincoln, RI
105 posts, read 372,118 times
Reputation: 28
How right you are. I still come here when I am looking for information on the area...lol

Christina
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
 
1,907 posts, read 4,455,623 times
Reputation: 730
Ani, your post really got me thinking about "home". I realize now that I can't truly embrace this home untill I let go of my old one. Sounds simple, right?. Well, I just got it and it took over a year!!!!
I moved away from my family in 1985 to Maryland and had a very nice life there where I met my husband and started our family. I had lots of friends and so did my children. I was a 4 hour ride from my family and visited often. The kids and I would spend the better part of the summer visiting my brothers and my dad at the Jersey shore.
My family all flew down to visit me over the holidays and it was wonderful to have them here. They all still live in my original "home" state of N.J..
I realize now, that I don't miss "home", I miss my family and the comfort of knowing I can get to them in a few hours if I want or need to. I recently went up to Md. and though I was only there for the day, I knew I would never move back there. As much as I loved living there, this state is just so much nicer.
So, I don't want to live in Jersey and I don't want to live in Maryland. I want to live right here where I am. I just have to realize that I will be able to see my friends and family alot less so I better make it count.
So I've finally realized what was missing. My family and friends may not be in my home, but they live in my heart.
I think I'm gonna like this place......... (Thank You, Ani. xo)
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Ani, your post really got me thinking about "home". I realize now that I can't truly embrace this home untill I let go of my old one. Sounds simple, right?. Well, I just got it and it took over a year!!!!
I moved away from my family in 1985 to Maryland and had a very nice life there where I met my husband and started our family. I had lots of friends and so did my children. I was a 4 hour ride from my family and visited often. The kids and I would spend the better part of the summer visiting my brothers and my dad at the Jersey shore.
My family all flew down to visit me over the holidays and it was wonderful to have them here. They all still live in my original "home" state of N.J..
I realize now, that I don't miss "home", I miss my family and the comfort of knowing I can get to them in a few hours if I want or need to. I recently went up to Md. and though I was only there for the day, I knew I would never move back there. As much as I loved living there, this state is just so much nicer.
So, I don't want to live in Jersey and I don't want to live in Maryland. I want to live right here where I am. I just have to realize that I will be able to see my friends and family alot less so I better make it count.
So I've finally realized what was missing. My family and friends may not be in my home, but they live in my heart.
I think I'm gonna like this place......... (Thank You, Ani. xo)
Awwwww . . . so much of "loving" where we live has to do with the people that we have surrounded ourselves with (or those we miss).

I carry my dear friend Helen in my heart even tho she is no longer in this realm of existence. I think that is kinda what we have to do when we are away from the people we love - they are in our heads and our hearts - and we can still stay in touch w/ them!

One thing I always kept in mind when I was 1000 miles away from my family - a plane trip was only about 2 hours . . . driving was about 16 (depending on stops) . . . so it wasn't like I had left for New Zealand, LOL. I COULD GET BACK TO SEE THEM!!! LOL!!!!

The precious things become even more precious when you are apart. You save things to share when you are together . . . and all that becomes very precious, as well!

You are gonna be just fine, dear Doorway!!!! Just takes a little time . . .
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,605,943 times
Reputation: 39870
You guys are all awesome - we have the best folks here!

Doorway, so glad thinks are making sense to you (clarity is always good!) and I hope really soon Christina will be on her way to feeling as at home as you are getting
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
Reputation: 14927
In honor or our Charlotte resident who was able to save her home for now

Tonight's Carolina music intermission is Fantasia

YouTube - Fantasia - Free Yourself
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You guys are all awesome - we have the best folks here!

Doorway, so glad thinks are making sense to you (clarity is always good!) and I hope really soon Christina will be on her way to feeling as at home as you are getting
LOVEFEST! LOVEFEST!!!!

Okay . . . gotta say it. Loves, you are one of the big reasons this forum is such a great place to meet and greet. There are so many members who will readily attest to how much you have helped them w/ their move (or other situations).

So just gotta say . . . glad you enjoy being here . . . cause we enjoy being here with you.
 
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
In honor or our Charlotte resident who was able to save her home for now

Tonight's Carolina music intermission is Fantasia

YouTube - Fantasia - Free Yourself
Gosh, I hope she manages to keep that house!!! Nice idea for a break, Sunny!!!!
 
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,605,943 times
Reputation: 39870
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
In honor or our Charlotte resident who was able to save her home for now

Tonight's Carolina music intermission is Fantasia

YouTube - Fantasia - Free Yourself
Thanks Sunny - but I prefer THIS Fantasia song - give it a listen!


YouTube - Fantasia Barrino - Summertime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top