U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thanks Sunny - but I prefer THIS Fantasia song - give it a listen!

YouTube - Fantasia Barrino - Summertime
I know some disagree with her style but I feel her heart in the words.

I like that song on my mp3 player in the summer

sweet message. I listen to some of her songs and listen to the words and think that poor girl has had a rough life and im not sure she knows how to escape it

Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

sweet message. I listen to some of her songs and listen to the words and think that poor girl has had a rough life and im not sure she knows how to escape it
Me too Sunny

I defy anyone to watch this whole video and not be in tears with her by the end of the song!
YouTube - Fantasia - I Believe

Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

IF she surrounds herself w/ good people . . . that will be the best way to escape it and permanently rise above it . . . However, there are a lot of predators out there when you are a young star . . .

Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
IF she surrounds herself w/ good people . . . that will be the best way to escape it and permanently rise above it . . . However, there are a lot of predators out there when you are a young star . . .
Im sure it will be reflected in her next album but if you from the hood to Million dollar land I could imagine it would be hard to fit in with a South Park crowd vs the hood crowd since that is all you know. I dont it gotta be a challenge just like any of the newcomers to Charlotte it a different culture here you gotta make it your world

Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 PM

105 posts, read 371,365 times
I have been working for EMS since September. I was hired to work as an assistant to the credit manager whom I have been able to get quite close to during my time there. They laid her off today. She is going through a divorce and she is a single mother of a 7 year old. I can't believe that they would do such a thing. It is a really small company and everyone knows everyone's business and our big boss knows damn well that this would put her in the worst spot. I thought that I loved the company that I worked for and now I feel like I have no job security at all. What is worst is that she is a really good worker and they need her. She is not one of those that slack off and do nothing. I am feeling really sick right now. I thought that the economy was beginning to stabilize but it is still going down. When is all this going to stop !!!

Christina

Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Me too Sunny

I defy anyone to watch this whole video and not be in tears with her by the end of the song!
YouTube - Fantasia - I Believe
I made it almost to the one minute mark !!!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:28 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Oh, Christina, I'm so sorry. That is just terrible!! I hope they gave her a decent severence? Try not to let your anger show at work as you have to protect your job. Come on here and vent to us anytime you need to. As you can see, we all do.
I'ts hard not to take these things personally, but in this economy it really is just about dollars and cents, not sense. I'm sorry

Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM

105 posts, read 371,365 times
I know that you are right. I think that I am taking this harder than if it had happened for me. She is the one that chose me to help her at work out of the 800 resumes that they went through. She tells me each and every day how much of an asset I am to her and where have I been all along. I have always been so thankful to her and now I feel weird knowing that I have a job and she doesn't.

Christina

Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
I have been working for EMS since September. I was hired to work as an assistant to the credit manager whom I have been able to get quite close to during my time there. They laid her off today. She is going through a divorce and she is a single mother of a 7 year old. I can't believe that they would do such a thing. It is a really small company and everyone knows everyone's business and our big boss knows damn well that this would put her in the worst spot. I thought that I loved the company that I worked for and now I feel like I have no job security at all. What is worst is that she is a really good worker and they need her. She is not one of those that slack off and do nothing. I am feeling really sick right now. I thought that the economy was beginning to stabilize but it is still going down. When is all this going to stop !!!

Christina
Gosh, how scary! And I know you worked so hard to find this job. Is there any way you can keep an eye out for another job, just in case you get a feeling they might do the same thing to you that they did to your coworker? I just hate this economy too!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I made it almost to the one minute mark !!!
hahaha - told ya! That is a real tear jerker performance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte