U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,288,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Brian you're killing me - DID YOU LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING? That is a voice worthy of the Oscar she won for it!

lol...it's not her voice! There's no doubt the woman can sing, I'm just not crazy about modern day R&B.

I do like the fact that I'm seemingly driving you up a wall all the way over the other side of town though.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
lol...it's not her voice! There's no doubt the woman can sing, I'm just not crazy about modern day R&B.

I do like the fact that I'm seemingly driving you up a wall all the way over the other side of town though.
hahahahaha - I'm just trying to understand your musical tastes! So, even if the soulful R&B thing is not for you (though I can tell you, you don't know what you're missing when it comes to romance time, lol) - can you at least agree these woman have powerful, beautiful voices??

Old 01-12-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have only been half-listening to 24 . . . guess I better sign off and go snuggle w/ DH and watch the rest of 24, LOL. Ya'll have a good evening!
Taping it myself - we prefer to watch without the commercials, lol. Once Jack comes on the screen I don't like ANY interruptions!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
hahahahaha - I'm just trying to understand your musical tastes! So, even if the soulful R&B thing is not for you (though I can tell you, you don't know what you're missing when it comes to romance time, lol) - can you at least agree these woman have powerful, beautiful voices??

They absolutely have powerful voices (and they can rattle my windows any day of the week ). However my idea of R&B is more like The Four Tops, Smoky Robinson, and The Temptations, those R&B Motown acts.

loves, my idea of romantic music is putting on The Rolling Stones' "It's Only Rock and Roll" right around track two, their version of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg".

Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,130,161 times
hey, everyone; been reading the posts...
xtinax01, I am SO SORRY. Like Brian said, what you are feeling is perfectly natural. I understand so well!!! However, like they are all saying, you are just going to have to swallow your feelings and go into work with your head held high...in this economy, you (we) don't have a choice.

Ani, I understand your dilemma, too. although my "homesicknesses" rarely have to do with the people that are there and more to do with the locations themselves, I still understand how you feel.

Brian, cannot comment on the music thing...I like all sorts of music...

my news isn't great either; apparently a dog got into the chicken pen and killed most of the pet chickens last night. My son is in CT on business and so my daughter-in-law is there on her own.....

and, the daughter of some friends from church was severely injured in a gymnastics accident. She has many internal injuries and is in ICU.

2009 is NOT panning out to be the better year after all...(for any of us)

Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
They absolutely have powerful voices (and they can rattle my windows any day of the week ). However my idea of R&B is more like The Four Tops, Smoky Robinson, and The Temptations, those R&B Motown acts.

loves, my idea of romantic music is putting on The Rolling Stones' "It's Only Rock and Roll" right around track two, their version of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg".
To each his own my friend, lol!!! You don't know what you're missing until you've had Anita Baker on in the bedroom....

Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
To each his own my friend, lol!!! You don't know what you're missing until you've had Anita Baker on in the bedroom....

Treading closer and closer towards that territory, aren't ya

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Treading closer and closer towards that territory, aren't ya
I'm just sayin'...you don't know what you're missing!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
hey, everyone; been reading the posts...
xtinax01, I am SO SORRY. Like Brian said, what you are feeling is perfectly natural. I understand so well!!! However, like they are all saying, you are just going to have to swallow your feelings and go into work with your head held high...in this economy, you (we) don't have a choice.

Ani, I understand your dilemma, too. although my "homesicknesses" rarely have to do with the people that are there and more to do with the locations themselves, I still understand how you feel.

Brian, cannot comment on the music thing...I like all sorts of music...

my news isn't great either; apparently a dog got into the chicken pen and killed most of the pet chickens last night. My son is in CT on business and so my daughter-in-law is there on her own.....

and, the daughter of some friends from church was severely injured in a gymnastics accident. She has many internal injuries and is in ICU.

2009 is NOT panning out to be the better year after all...(for any of us)
LOL bless your heart do you ever sleep ? hehe Im picking with you in a posistive way ... btw.

I just got so many questions about your world.
Pardon me if any of the questions below come across harsh or tad rude but Im just ignorant when it comes to things Im going to mention.

I believe you said your banker but your usually on here around 6 but banks dont open til 9? Also I assume you work in one of the skyrises probably in a cubicle farm? What do all those office people do I mean this nicely but doesnt computer do everything once a transaction has been placed?

Im sorry about your chickens my grandmother use to raise chickens on her farm and I seen what red fox can do and it not pretty. When you pluck one it the worst thing in the world.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I'm just sayin'...you don't know what you're missing!

I got nothin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte