U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,841,612 times

Advertisements

SuperK I give you much props...

Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Actually, Superk, you are one of my heroes. Sincerely. Cause I think a lot of men (heck, women as well) would have run as fast as possible. In fact, I know of one situation right now where H cut out and W's family is now trying to pick up the pieces for their disabled sister/daughter. I know that saying I admire you doesn't help w/ the huge issues you face . . . but for what it is worth . . . you restored my faith that there are people out there who really do try to do the right thing . . .

Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,511,961 times
Tonight's Carolina Music Intermission:

Chris Daughtry born on the opposite end of Charlotte in Roanoke Rapids
Has the fastest debut album sell in history.
Raised in Lasker NC

YouTube - Music Video - "Crashed"
Spent most of his adult life in McLeansville.
I dont think he will be a one hit wonder he has a great voice.
Chris Daughtry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM

3,424 posts, read 9,235,229 times
A couple more for you:

Charlotte's Own SwampDaWamp, blend of rock and blues with a Southern Flavor:

YouTube - SwampDaWamp - "Dance"

Charlotte's Own Cyril Lance, for some electric blues, slide, and lap-steel guitar:

YouTube - Cyril Lance - I Want the Real Thing 2007 (edited)

Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,111,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
will keep an eye (and ear) out for anything interesting. A guy who i helped decide to move in to our community works at sun trust. I need to pay him a visit. He owes me...

eta: On that note, we are in the midst of a refi with usbank, who currently holds our first mortgage. We are doing an electronic close on monday, and they have underwriters and a separate closing company that is out of state. Would you want to work from home? I think this might be the way to go.
that would be heaven!!!!!!!! :d:d

Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I haven't been to church in a really long time, partly due to the problems I have with trying to get out of the house and leaving her alone for a few hours. I will now start looking for one here in the Huntersville area, and go from there.
May I suggest Harvest Community Church on Eastfield Rd? They are a very loving congregation that will take you in with open arms and support you 1000%.

Harvest Community Church | 13301 Eastfield Road, Huntersville, North Carolina 28078 | 704.948.3910 - Welcome to Harvest Comunity Church

Old 01-15-2009, 06:59 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,566,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
that would be heaven!!!!!!!! :d:d
We're doing an electronic close with this company. They operate in all 50 states. If you call the contact number, perhaps you can find out if you could arrange a work at home situation.

LSI - A Lender Processing Services Company

Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
My first instinct when I started all of this was to quit working so I could stay at home full-time. Everyone I talked to universally agreed that as a 40-year old it would not be in my best interest to give up a career and a salary and a pension and a 401K and most importantly health benefits.

The biggest problem is that in-home care costs at least that much, if not more, and won't give me the 24x7 type of coverage I need. It also can't address the other issues like providing her with some socialization with someone other than cranky, tired old me, activities to keep her busy, transportation to and from doctors, and the environmental issues such as wider hallways and doors, accessible toilets and showers, and everything else. I also like the fact that there will be real nurses who can monitor her condition and deal with those frequent non-emergency issues that arise from her constant falls. This also gives me the opportunity to hopefully be able to get more un-interrupted sleep during the night.

What always concerned me was, if I had to pay this much anyway for the in-home care, and as a result we went into reposession of the cars and foreclosure on the house, then what? I can live practically anywhere without much bother. But, what would I have done with her in that case? At least this way she's taken care of.

superk you are my Super Hero. Can I be just like you when I grow up?

God bless you my friend

Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,448,436 times
Okay, I gotta get working on this refinance. Isn't anyone else refinancing right now? I'd love to get a recommendation from someone I "know" rather than just go out blindly.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
We're doing an electronic close with this company. They operate in all 50 states. If you call the contact number, perhaps you can find out if you could arrange a work at home situation.

LSI - A Lender Processing Services Company
Actually, that is the closing company. They are different from the mortgage processing unit. I am a notary closer already. I just don't have the equipment (nor the funds to buy it) to do electronic closings.

You are a self employed contractor when you work for them. That is fine and I do that already. But, right now, it is not enough to keep me employed as NC is very strict on what can be charged (and it isn't much).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte