U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 AM

1,899 posts, read 4,366,466 times

Advertisements

Arrgh!! That was tough reading. Sounds like mom is just going to continue to rule the roost and won't even acknowledge you and the wife as adults untill you have children of your own? She certainly didn't treat you like adults when you were up there.
That's a tough pill to swallow, Brian. I'm sorry.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 AM

35,885 posts, read 65,470,512 times
I know of a family wh/ had a Crowned Prince son (and grandson, nephew, cousin) and we all sat back and watched. Sadly, b/c of the terrible way things were handled in the home . . . he turned out to be much worse than a spoiled, entitled brat. He became a total narcissist w/ no respect for his own parents (much less anyone else). He has had a very hard life, as others in the work world are NOT going to kiss his arse and accommodate him as he was accustomed to . . . and he has never been able to create the lifestyle for himself that mommy and daddy sacrificed so he could have at THEIR expense. He has even been involved in some criminal behavior w/ mishandling of funds (in his profession) and by the age of 35, had been divorced TWICE. So . . . anyone who raises a Crowned Prince should step back and take a good look at what they are doing to that child . . . it sets up a lifetime of misery.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,117,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Arrgh!! That was tough reading. Sounds like mom is just going to continue to rule the roost and won't even acknowledge you and the wife as adults untill you have children of your own? She certainly didn't treat you like adults when you were up there.
That's a tough pill to swallow, Brian. I'm sorry.

Bingo....you nailed it. And if she's waiting for us to have kids, she's gonna be waiting too long an amount of time.

They were never even like that until The Annointed One arrived. Instead of it being all about the family it became all about him. But it happens, I'm moving on from it and all the better for it.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Your right Ani, They are just setting him up for failure. They have already turned family members against him. Imagine when he goes to school!!! Very sad because right now, it's not his fault.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 AM

It is sad, and it backfires on the people who raise a child that way (including g/parents, aunts/uncles - all who participate). Creating a narcissistic kid takes a lot of effort on everyone's part, Hee Hee. Undoing it is nearly impossible. After all, if you are a narcissist, failure is EVERYONE ELSE"S FAULT, so these people rarely seek out therapy - after all, they think they are not the problem!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Back on my quest to find a carpet for the foyer. I found a little place on South Blvd. yesterday that let us take two home with us. I liked them, but they were too small. I need an 8' round, not 6'. This may surprise you, but I TOLD hubby that yesterday. . I'm glad these places let you try them on............ What is everyone else doing today????

Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 AM

20,623 posts, read 25,856,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Back on my quest to find a carpet for the foyer. I found a little place on South Blvd. yesterday that let us take two home with us. I liked them, but they were too small. I need an 8' round, not 6'. This may surprise you, but I TOLD hubby that yesterday. . I'm glad these places let you try them on............ What is everyone else doing today????
.....back to Home Depot.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Oh - just want some opinions and to alert others . . . I have great credit scores, no bad marks for anything, and pay on time. I have two credit cards that have low interest rates on them "for life of loan." One, I put my DH's hearing aids on and that one is at 4.99 % fixed for life of loan. The other we put dental work on and that one is at 2.99% fixed for life of loan. One has about $1400 on it and the other has about $4000 on it. I have been happily paying more than the minimum for two years on one and three years on the other (dental work is so high . . .) Anyway, both cards were w/ banks that have been taken over by Chase, evidently.

I have gotten notices for both cards saying they are changing the terms of my credit card agreement. In reading the fine print, it says that all interest rates are being set at 11.xx% (can't remember exactly what) VARIBLE and they have changed the way they compound interest and minimum amount due, etc.

I am furious. These were things we had to purchase - bridgework and hearing aids - and my savings goes to college costs for my son - so it was not wise to deplete my savings. Having fixed low interest "loans" was an ideal solution to pay for needed dental work and hearing aids. I don't see how these banks can arbitrarily change the terms so drastically when I have never been late, always paid more than minimum . . . but they can! Congress passed laws that allow them to do this! Our Congress SUCKS and the banks have them in their pockets.

I think this is outrageous. But I have no recourse except taking money out of savings and paying off the cards, wh/ I probably will do w/ the lower balance. But damn!!!! I am sick of being ripped off when I have played by the rules.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Thats legal???? Have you called the credit card companies and let them know you would be paying off the loan and cancelling your card? This is outrageous!!!! Are companies still offering low rates if you switch balances? It was wise to take these low interest loans Ani and I'm sure you never imagined a bank could change the terms of a loan. Could it be that the interest rate is 11 on future purchases??? I'm boiling mad and it's not even my money!!!!.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:48 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,700,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Just poke around my profile, it's brutally documented. I'd call it "reading that's not for the faint of heart".
WOW!! So...because you & your wife don't have kids & that makes you 2nd class citizens with your family??!!?? I'm sorry that your family has treated you & your wife so badly Brian.

Coming back to NC was the best thing to do for you & your wife. The distance btwn you & your family is the best buffer & to hell with what everyone else in NJ thinks. Your life is here, with your wife. You have each other to worry about, to love & to face life with. As I see it, it's their loss.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte