Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 03:47 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,661,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Back from the interview (had to chat with a few people that I knew in the dept, too...). Need to do homework, but, wanted to say that it seemed to go well. They will decide by the first of next week! (before the holiday) So, we'll see. Thanks everyone!
Lots of crossed fingers for you here!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:03 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,949,231 times

Old 11-19-2008, 04:50 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,433,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I would like to do this as well.

DH loves to go out shopping on BF and I hate it. I love the deals, but standing in line at 5am...not so much. I usually go to just a few stores and DH does the rest. This year my MIL wants to come with me. Uh...no. She can go with DH but the only thing I can think of that is worse than standing in line outside of Staples at 5:00 am in the cold would be having my MIL there. Granted, we get along OK but we have very different shopping styles. She is easy going and likes to browse. That doesn't work on Black Friday. Last year I had to hit a guy in the groin with my shopping basket because he was knocking people around trying to get ahead of everyone...my MIL just wouldn't make it in that kind of crowd. OK, I didn't mean to hit him in the groin, I just firmly defined my space and made it clear that he wasn't going to push past me as he had everyone else. I didn't get up at 4am just to be shoved around and not get what was on my list...KWIM?? For the record, that was the rudest person I have ever encountered on BF. Most people are reasonable and while it is a bit of a mad rush when the doors open I have not encountered any riot behavior or even anything I would call aggressive...except that guy.

However, If I could do it all on-line I would be a very happy shopper.
ROFL, I always loved to go into Center City Philly to shop, not so much at the malls. I did stand in line at Target the 1st year that they came to South Jersey, but admittedly, I did it on my way home after working 3rd shift.

I have to agree on the rude guy. I'm a very quiet person, but I'm afraid I would have been trying to organize a lynching mob to deal with him. I've never run into someone like that on Black Friday.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
He could always head over to Configs house, and consume some of that Romulan ale... perhaps that would get him through the weekend!
Hee Hee. Well, I am going for Yank's chocolate drink mix!!! I used to make this back in college (a million years ago) but never knew to add the cornstarch to make it thicker!!! What a super idea!!!

Thanks, NCyank . . .

The Romulan ale . . . I just don't think I am up to it.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,437,574 times
Best wishes on good news from the interview.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM

693 posts, read 2,166,675 times
Default I got awesome news but don't want to be spammy

I'm so excited and I am busting to tell people! My DH's website just got nominated a finalist in the Open Web Awards in the same category as Perez Hilton! I wish I could post the link and tell you all to vote for us, but I don't want to be spammy. The subject of the site isn't Charlotte, but we are a Charlotte based site that could use some home town support...

Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,840,578 times
Does anyone have a link to a website that's vying for a major award? I'm looking for something Charlotte based- though not necessarily about Charlotte. It would help if there were a way to vote for the site to win the award- and if it should beat out, oh I dont know- say Perez Hilton or something- all the better!! Thanks in advance!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,959,031 times
Yeah, I'm looking for the same thing. Maybe someone can send us a PM if they can't post it here. I feel like voting again.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Does anyone have a link to a website that's vying for a major award? I'm looking for something Charlotte based- though not necessarily about Charlotte. It would help if there were a way to vote for the site to win the award- and if it should beat out, oh I dont know- say Perez Hilton or something- all the better!! Thanks in advance!
Me, too. I am an info junky. Can someone direct me to such a website???

Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,650,971 times
How crazy? I've been looking for the same thing. Someone PM me that site too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte