U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,448,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Ronald Reagan
Very good!! Here'a another if you want it or just say NO!!! (This IS alot of fun with friends and a couple of drinks especially when the other team knows what the answer is and you have to try the accent!)
Mike Robe Rue Hurry.....

Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM

677 posts, read 2,014,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Very good!! Here'a another if you want it or just say NO!!! (This IS alot of fun with friends and a couple of drinks especially when the other team knows what the answer is and you have to try the accent!)
Mike Robe Rue Hurry.....
Micro Brewery. Keep em' coming

Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,059,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Mike Robe Rue Hurry.....
Microbe . . . ???

Microbrewery! LOL!!! took me a while on that one.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 PM

677 posts, read 2,014,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Microbe . . . ???

Microbrewery! LOL!!! took me a while on that one.
Too slow Ani I need to go pick up this game for game nights

Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,747,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
OH NO! I have the same problem off and on - due to an injury from a car wreck decades ago.

Take aspirin (for inflammation) and soak in hot tub or spa. Not much else you can do. So sorry . . .

OH OH - about to forget - I do yoga to help relieve pain. Here is one for you:

YouTube - Stetching to relieve sciatica
Car Wreck? So sorry, I hope you recovered fully by now.

Asprin for inflamation? I never heard of that. I was taking Advil. I've been popping 800mg 2x a day until I can see my anestheseologist. I'll probably get another nerve root block.

My injury is more self-inflicted from working 60 to 90 hours a week with no breaks... all sitting hunched over at my computer.

I still have all the narcotic meds in my medicine cabinet from when I first had this, but I really don't like taking them. They make me feel loopy.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Car Wreck? So sorry, I hope you recovered fully by now.

Asprin for inflamation? I never heard of that. I was taking Advil. I've been popping 800mg 2x a day until I can see my anestheseologist. I'll probably get another nerve root block.

My injury is more self-inflicted from working 60 to 90 hours a week with no breaks... all sitting hunched over at my computer.

I still have all the narcotic meds in my medicine cabinet from when I first had this, but I really don't like taking them. They make me feel loopy.
Agree - meds are my very very last resort.

Had that car wreck decades ago but recurring sciatic problems. That is one reason I got into yoga - pain management.

Yes, aspirin is as effective as any anti-inflammatory on the market! Despite the public being inundated w/ ads about other NSAIDs . . . plain ole aspirin is still one of the best drugs to relieve inflammation. One just has to be careful about bleeding issues (stomach, lower intestine). But that is true for other NSAIDs, too. No one tells you that, tho.

And do not take aspirin WITH other NSAIDs (or coumadin).

Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Okay. Another post from yet more people wanting to move here and so concerned about where to buy a house (or rent) but they have no jobs and are, of course, assuming they will get them - no problem.

I guess I better just quit replying to those posts b/c it still astounds me that people think they can just mosey on down and land jobs, especially in finance. Dear me.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,747,587 times
I'm sorry to admit that I've stopped looking at those threads. I feel like a hypocrit

Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I'm sorry to admit that I've stopped looking at those threads. I feel like a hypocrit
Well, we shouldn't feel bad. I get fussed at for saying- don't come w/o a job and then if I say nice things about the area - I get told I am a cheerleader and trying to promote CLT as a "utopia" of all things!!! HEEE HEEE HEEE

So I have decided to just not say a thing. After all, what do I care if they come here and sign a lease, can't get a job and have to wire home for money.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,448,659 times
Just so you know, Ani. We all appreciate how much effort you put into steering these people the right way. We also appreciate the information you give us once we're here. You Rock!!!

Next Mad Gab.... Level 1 : Day Fit Gas City
Level 2 Ace Height Force Oar Rise
Remember, if your're stuck, try an accent. It works!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte