U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,102,313 times

Advertisements

Oh, and himan, thank you for the tip on the HT chicken legs. Got my first pkg cooking now...the other will be something different probably on Sat..... Lots of meals for under $5.00!!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM

7,104 posts, read 9,696,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
!Vamanons! pero, no puedo. voy a ir a China en junio
Que rica!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I'll second that....YEAH ANI!!!!!

BxRosie
Thanx, Rosie! Sometimes you gotta wonder, tho . . . I surely do NOT want anyone to feel like "the locals don't want more people to move here," but I am seeing so many lay-offs amongst my friends and neighbors . . . makes me want to warn people not to come here w/o a job.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,782,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thanx, Rosie! Sometimes you gotta wonder, tho . . . I surely do NOT want anyone to feel like "the locals don't want more people to move here," but I am seeing so many lay-offs amongst my friends and neighbors . . . makes me want to warn people not to come here w/o a job.
I agree Ani! My subdivision has been hit hard. Between the layoffs at Wachovia, BOA, DEI & other Nascar teams & insurance companies, not to mention a mfg plant in Statesville, alot of my neighbors are dealing with &/or facing unemployment. It's sad. These are good, honest, hard-working people that could possibly loose their homes. As bad as it can get in my house financially, at least DH has a monthly pension coming in that covers our monthly bills. We would have NEVER made the move here if he didn't have his pension coming in. I don't understand how people can take that chance, especially if they have kids. At least he has his P/T job to keep him busy. That, along with my seasonal job buys groceries & a few extras.

Forget my home-party plan business. Everyone's tightening their belts & not spending any extra $$ or booking parties. Can't say I blame them either. At least mine is a food-based business that serves a specific cliental. I do get some new customers & re-orders. I know other HPP reps that are loosing business every day.

BxRosie

Old 01-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I agree Ani! My subdivision has been hit hard. Between the layoffs at Wachovia, BOA, DEI & other Nascar teams & insurance companies, not to mention a mfg plant in Statesville, alot of my neighbors are dealing with &/or facing unemployment. It's sad. These are good, honest, hard-working people that could possibly loose their homes. As bad as it can get in my house financially, at least DH has a monthly pension coming in that covers our monthly bills. We would have NEVER made the move here if he didn't have his pension coming in. I don't understand how people can take that chance, especially if they have kids. At least he has his P/T job to keep him busy. That, along with my seasonal job buys groceries & a few extras.

Forget my home-party plan business. Everyone's tightening their belts & not spending any extra $$ or booking parties. Can't say I blame them either. At least mine is a food-based business that serves a specific cliental. I do get some new customers & re-orders. I know other HPP reps that are loosing business every day.

BxRosie
What you see around you is what I am seeing, too, Rosie. Now, in my family . . . no one has lost his/her job. And I have a HUGE extended family. However, we are an entrepreneurial bunch, so most of us own our own businesses or are CPAs, attorneys, teachers/professors. Not many in the healthcare field except my immediate family. So everyone is pretty much in a situation that is somewhat insular. However, business owners in general are experiencing slow downs and for me, loss of clients who have cut out marketing $$. I am hoping to pick up business on the "business development" end tho - since everyone is scrambling to replace revenue by getting new clients, expanding their services, etc in order to reach new business prospects. So we will see . . . I remain optimistic that I will find new streams of revenue. There are people who need my services - just gotta find them.

And we all have to remember - we gotta get through 2009. I truly do believe if we can hang on this year, things are gonna look better in 2010. I don't like feeling I am wishing a year "away," LOL . . . but I guess it sounds like I am. I see this period as a time to lay foundations - so one is prepared for the rebound in 2010.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,745,866 times
It's so scary nowadays. I never thought I'd live to see this. It all seems surreal.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:46 PM

What is it . . . have you all noticed how posters we have never seen b/f - suddenly show up - posting on an oldy moldy thread - and just want to start an argument? We even had one come over from a different state's forum and make a mean comment on an old thread today. What is up with that?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,745,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
What is it . . . have you all noticed how posters we have never seen b/f - suddenly show up - posting on an oldy moldy thread - and just want to start an argument? We even had one come over from a different state's forum and make a mean comment on an old thread today. What is up with that?
Maybe some people got bored of being stuck indoors because of the rain and thought up of new ways of creating mischief

Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Maybe some people got bored of being stuck indoors because of the rain and thought up of new ways of creating mischief
HA HA HA - maybe you are right!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,696,488 times
And generally from someone that has nothing to add to or doesn't know how to be quiet when they have nothing to say.They just feel COMPELLED to say something.

"hey Mamma I'm here over in the corner doing pee pee in my diaper, banging on this pot, don't you hear me?" LOL at the silliness of that example. Time for a martini folks.

john
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte