Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Tonight's Carolina Music Intermission

OOO I like this lady voice she has R&B & classical tones
Alfreda Gerald sing the popular duet with David Valentine made famous by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli
She is originally from Morganton and has sung with Yanni

Alfreda Gerald

YouTube - The Prayer

YouTube - Yanni - Aria (Live at the Forbidden City)

what a beautiful voice
What a great way to start my Sat. morning. Thank you Sunny.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Those 50 million dollar jets owned by formerly rich banks located in Charlotte probably still fly up to NYC from CLT. With money being tight you might want to look into how low they will go on seats once used by the "biggies" ie: fat heads, fat wallets and fat arses.

Help support our banking system and buy a seat on one of their private jets..they can use the money.
use the money?
They have about every penny of what I have.

I rather they lend me a covered wagon. Those look like they was fun to cruise in

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
What a great way to start my Sat. morning. Thank you Sunny.
Your welcome I join you and listen to The Prayer again it is nice song to start the day with. I never heard it before or the Celine Dion version.

Have a good day

Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,089 times
Good morning everyone. Does anyone have anything motivating to say? I need to start cleaning

Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
good morning; thank God there is no snow on the ground!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:05 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Good Morning, I get to go superbowl gocery shopping today.... family is coming over tomorrow for the game, what are some easy thing I can make? So far I'm thinking....

Meatballs, salsa/chips, wings, jalapeno poppers, spinach artichoke dip.... any other ideas?

Oh, and Beer.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Good Morning, I get to go superbowl gocery shopping today.... family is coming over tomorrow for the game, what are some easy thing I can make? So far I'm thinking....

Meatballs, salsa/chips, wings, jalapeno poppers, spinach artichoke dip.... any other ideas?

Oh, and Beer.
Do you like those little smoked wieners? There is this ancient recipe that has circulated here in the South (and maybe elswhere) since the 70s.

You use a crockpot. Get a bunch of L'il Smoked Wieners (heck, I don't know how many - it really doesn't matter - just several packs I guess) and you throw in a jar of grape jelly and tomato ketchup, stir it up and let 'em sit for hours - then eat 'em straight from the crock pot. I know - sounds weird but I swear - everyone I know has made these things for 30 years or more.

My guys like the little pizza rolls (frozen).

Don't laugh at my trailer trash l'il smokie recipe - I swear, it is good.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post

Oh, and Beer.
If you're doing meatballs why not a big tray of baked ziti?
If you don't know how to do it I'll "talk" you thru it on line later.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you like those little smoked wieners? There is this ancient recipe that has circulated here in the South (and maybe elswhere) since the 70s.

You use a crockpot. Get a bunch of L'il Smoked Wieners (heck, I don't know how many - it really doesn't matter - just several packs I guess) and you throw in a jar of grape jelly and tomato ketchup, stir it up and let 'em sit for hours - then eat 'em straight from the crock pot. I know - sounds weird but I swear - everyone I know has made these things for 30 years or more.

My guys like the little pizza rolls (frozen).

Don't laugh at my trailer trash l'il smokie recipe - I swear, it is good.
ok I have no clue how grape jelly and ketchup taste together but Im willing to "test" it on my next covered dish dinner .. heck Ill see how others react before I try. Thanks for the trailer trash recipe

Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Good morning everyone. Does anyone have anything motivating to say? I need to start cleaning
Get er done

Old 01-31-2009, 09:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
ok I have no clue how grape jelly and ketchup taste together but Im willing to "test" it on my next covered dish dinner .. heck Ill see how others react before I try. Thanks for the trailer trash recipe
I swear, it works. The first time I had this recipe - I was in college and working part time at Hickory Chair in the showroom. Crockpots were the latest, LOL . . . and even tho I was part time, I was invited to have lunch one Friday . . . a covered dish. I was low on cash so brought cole slaw - about the cheapest thing one can fix. Someone brought the L'il Smokies (actually, I remember who it was!!!) and everyone went nuts over them - and they were really good on a plate w/ my cole slaw. When the lady who brought them told us how she had fixed them - we were like - HUH???? And there began the craze w/ L'il Smokies in the Crockpot. Easily transported to someone else's house . . . I have also made them using BBQ sauce and grape jelly. Also, if you make them w/ ketchup - some people throw in a small jar/bottle of mustard w/ them!!! I know - sounds crazy - but I swear - they are good. You have to let them simmer in the sauce for at least two hours or longer on low setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte