U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,287,097 times
Reputation: 22274

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
Brian,
That was so so so funny! I can't say I'd post it of my own kid, but I sure did enjoy watching someone else's! Too, too funny. I did cringe a little, this poor kid, but I couldn't help myself. I do love YouTube.
YouTube Rocks!!! I am constantly amazed - how we can all share w/ the world if we choose to - thru/ YouTube!! I find tutorials, even . . . and I get more laughs off YouTube than anywhere else, it seems.

 
Old 02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,287,097 times
Reputation: 22274
Could someone help me, please? Ever since we hooked up the new modem/router . . . I will be clicking on a link and out of the blue, up pops Netopia (a site I have never visited, ever, on any computer) w/ my ISP addy at the top, and instructions to run a diagnostic test.

This has occurred maybe 20 or more times - more than once an hour - since yesterday. For ex, I clicked on a CD post to write a reply - and instead of executing that action - up pops Netopia's diagnostic screen again.

I cannot fathom what is going on. My computer is a MAC; DH's is a Dell. AT&T used his computer to set up the modem, not mine. I am on wireless and not ethernet, so this is all quite baffling as to why this screen keeps popping up. It also rattles me that it displays my ISP number.

What is going on? BTW - I don't think I described this properly. I said "popping up" - wh/ implies a separate screen. Nope. It comes us as the actual page, not like a pop-up ad. What the heck is going on????
 
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,097,971 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Could someone help me, please? Ever since we hooked up the new modem/router . . . I will be clicking on a link and out of the blue, up pops Netopia (a site I have never visited, ever, on any computer) w/ my ISP addy at the top, and instructions to run a diagnostic test.

This has occurred maybe 20 or more times - more than once an hour - since yesterday. For ex, I clicked on a CD post to write a reply - and instead of executing that action - up pops Netopia's diagnostic screen again.

I cannot fathom what is going on. My computer is a MAC; DH's is a Dell. AT&T used his computer to set up the modem, not mine. I am on wireless and not ethernet, so this is all quite baffling as to why this screen keeps popping up. It also rattles me that it displays my ISP number.

What is going on? BTW - I don't think I described this properly. I said "popping up" - wh/ implies a separate screen. Nope. It comes us as the actual page, not like a pop-up ad. What the heck is going on????

I'm guessing it's a router issue?

[Home Network] Log-In screen popping up during surfing for Netop - dslreports.com

Airwolf7 has a pretty detailed look at that problem within that thread.
 
Old 02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,097,971 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
Brian,
That was so so so funny! I can't say I'd post it of my own kid, but I sure did enjoy watching someone else's! Too, too funny. I did cringe a little, this poor kid, but I couldn't help myself. I do love YouTube.

Here's one of an overseas reporter who faints during the broadcast.

I don't know what's better...watching her eyes flutter with that "whew" before she hits the deck, the way she takes out a piece of the studio, or the way the male co-anchor does absolutely nothing to help her out.


YouTube - Tv Reporter Faints Live
 
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,287,097 times
Reputation: 22274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'm guessing it's a router issue?

[Home Network] Log-In screen popping up during surfing for Netop - dslreports.com

Airwolf7 has a pretty detailed look at that problem within that thread.
I am gonna check out the link. Thanx, Brian!!!
 
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 57,247,098 times
Reputation: 14869
appropriate for today
YouTube - Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman
 
Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
 
677 posts, read 1,980,761 times
Reputation: 201
Nothing wrong with a Red Neck woman for me today. lol.
 
Old 02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 12,816,687 times
Reputation: 2320
hey anyone on here after this glorious day?
 
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,097,971 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
hey anyone on here after this glorious day?

Just got back in after a little trip to uptown. Who could stay in on a day like today? It had to have been closing in on 70 this afternoon...an absolutely stunning day for February.
 
Old 02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 12,816,687 times
Reputation: 2320
Well, I was technically inside, but, with the window wide open in my second-floor home office, it was like doing my homework outside...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top