Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times

Advertisements

DOORWAY: Good advice. I will do that. Oh - and I did check it out and the new owner did not assume this guy's debt. So he is responsible for my invoice. I think it is soooo odd - requesting a public place - like I am some kind of weirdo. I mean - if he didn't want to deal w/ me - why didn't he just SEND ME THE CHECK?

NANCY: I suspect the check will be no good, LOL. Maybe he is going to bring cash? (ok, I know. Even I am snickering as I wrote that).

Old 02-16-2009, 04:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,633,724 times
If you have no pride go get the check. If you have pride and self worth tell him to stick it. There comes a point in life where self gratifing things are worth way more than money.

I once told a tenant (who was holding back my rent money) I won't go to your apt. to pick-up MY money and beg for it. I will evict you first. He called me on my hand.

I waved bye-bye to him 3 months later when he left the building. Did I get my money? No. Did I keep my self respect and the respect of the other tenants. Yep, you bet.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
If you have no pride go get the check. If you have pride and self worth tell him to stick it. There comes a point in life where self gratifing things are worth way more than money.

I once told a tenant (who was holding back my rent money) I won't go to your apt. to pick-up MY money and beg for it. I will evict you first. He called me on my hand.

I waved bye-bye to him 3 months later when he left the building. Did I get my money? No. Did I keep my self respect and the respect of the other tenants. Yep, you bet.
Yeah, I feel quite affronted by the whole thing. In my entire career, I have only had two clients severely delay payment, and they both were over 120 days; however, they did eventually pay. I have never had anyone deliberately attempt to stiff me.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,350,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Awwwwwww . . . I do hope you quench your bloodlust, Hee Hee.

And also - glad you are not ill. I notice when someone stops posting and always wonder if things are okay. Of course, I should have considered that maybe you were off on a fabulous vacation . . .

I wish. I've been away from the board and such just a lil' more this past weekend. I've been around though.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,959,031 times
Sorry bout the Rangers.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,144,690 times
Soooooooo, what happened, Ani? Did you meet with that whacko? How'd it go?

Sheesh, don't keep me in suspense. This is better than most broadcast TV shows.

But I do hope it went well for you and you played it safe in meeting the kook.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Soooooooo, what happened, Ani? Did you meet with that whacko? How'd it go?

Sheesh, don't keep me in suspense. This is better than most broadcast TV shows.

But I do hope it went well for you and you played it safe in meeting the kook.
No, I didn't meet him.

And that is the whole thing. I really like the guy (have only spoken w/ him on the phone) but have heard he is a totally terrific person. I have been mystified by this b/c he legitimately owes me money - so why doesn't he just pay for services rendered.

I thought it sounded odd - this whole "meet in public thing" but who knows. I don't understand someone not honoring debt.

The confusing thing is - I really wanted to have a good relationship w/ the man and have been very impressed with his business ventures. He seems to be very innovative and he is obviously an entrepreneur. So the whole thing has me feeling very sad, actually.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Carolina Music Intermission

Meow

she from the Carolinas and this is great to do dishes too.

The late as of last year

EARTHA KITT
YouTube - Eartha Kitt-Where Is My Man (7th Heaven Mix Edit)-Remideo

Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,633,724 times
Default How can we thank you for the selections???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Carolina Music Intermission

Meow

she from the Carolinas and this is great to do dishes too.

The late as of last year

EARTHA KITT
YouTube - Eartha Kitt-Where Is My Man (7th Heaven Mix Edit)-Remideo

YouTube - Eartha Kitt - Love For Sale

Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Okay. Told the guy I didn't feel I should have to meet him to get my check. I had performed the work; he owed me the money. Three invoices . . . Put the check in the mail or let me know when I can pick it up at his office . . . I don't find all this intrigue amusing . . . he writes me back and says:

"I do not find your threats amusing, either."

He owes me money and now he is the victim? Dear sky above me . . . I cannot fathom this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte