U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 05:56 PM

7,103 posts, read 9,688,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. Told the guy I didn't feel I should have to meet him to get my check. I had performed the work; he owed me the money. Three invoices . . . Put the check in the mail or let me know when I can pick it up at his office . . . I don't find all this intrigue amusing . . . he writes me back and says:

"I do not find your threats amusing, either."

He owes me money and now he is the victim? Dear sky above me . . . I cannot fathom this.
I seriously think this guy needs to be slapped around a bit. Let's make a You Tube video. Going away to play golf and get my head clear On Sunday. Need one week in NY when I return. Following week I'm going to CLT.

Let's have some fun and meet this axe hole with a camera and a small CD crew. Lets see if this guy thinks he can beat up on people that eat his kind for breakfast.

Sounds like an interesting project Ani. Let me know what you want to do.
John

Old 02-16-2009, 05:56 PM

21,840 posts, read 27,090,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. Y'all know about my problem w/ the publisher who won't pay me. He promised me on the phone a week ago today that he would send a check. No check. So I wrote him back and said - what is the deal. Send me my check or I am going to start writing letters.

So he says meet him for coffee today. I said no. I am working on audits - just mail it or leave it for me at his office - I will come by and pick it up when I get a break. Let me know which he is going to do.

Now I get this reply back saying - NO - he will only give me the check in person and in a public place.

What the hell? I performed the work months ago. He has continued to ignore invoices. He said he would mail the check. He hasn't. Now I have to make arrangements to go meet him in a public place and beg for my check? Excuse me? What is going on here? Have you all every heard of anyone acting this nutty over money they owe? What is the game????
Call a reporter, Ani

Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,443,930 times
Leave the gun, take the cannoli .

Old 02-16-2009, 06:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,440,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
That was a good selection John. I wish I took the chance to see her if she did perform local. Sometimes Im going through the list of artist and some of them are out there like no hit wonders. I still have about 1500 to go through.
I appreciate your well wishes.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,969,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Leave the gun, take the cannoli .
ROFLMAO! Really and truly, so glad I wasn't sipping my coke the second I read this . . .

Old 02-16-2009, 06:15 PM

I wish I could have offered a better suggestion, but I got nuttin.
He'll get his someday. I just hope you get to hear about it when someone stiffs him on a big bill. If this is the way he does business, it's bound to happen.
Still, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM

7,103 posts, read 9,688,738 times
Quote:
I wish I could have offered a better suggestion, but I got nuttin.
He'll get his someday. I just hope you get to hear about it when someone stiffs him on a big bill. If this is the way he does business, it's bound to happen.
Still, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Very good advise ..."sometimes when you have nuttin to say it's better to say nuttin".
Confusion

Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM

You want me, don't ya? How did I miss that?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Good luck Doorway. I'lll probably be doing that in a couple of months, too (but not so much of a drive for me). Let us know how it goes.

I'm also looking for places between here & Hickory.
We found a few things we really liked up there. We did buy two chairs only to come home and find them for $400 less a piece. Needless to say, we cancelled the order the next day.
Hickory Furniture Mart was a good place to go to get ideas and see TONS of stuff in one trip, but I didn't run across any bargains.
I've heard there are some true bargain places on 321 before you get to Hickory and I think I'm going to have to nail down their locations and pay them a visit.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 PM

21,840 posts, read 27,090,532 times
Quote:
We found a few things we really liked up there. We did buy two chairs only to come home and find them for $400 less a piece. Needless to say, we cancelled the order the next day.
Hickory Furniture Mart was a good place to go to get ideas and see TONS of stuff in one trip, but I didn't run across any bargains.
I've heard there are some true bargain places on 321 before you get to Hickory and I think I'm going to have to nail down their locations and pay them a visit.
Good to know. TY. I heard that the deals were not at the hickory Furniture Mart, for the most part.

I have a 4 county phone book (Lincoln, Gaston, Cleveland, & Rutherford counties). Let me know if you want me to look something up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte