Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,121,831 times

Advertisements

Oooooh, Brian . . . I am adding a lot of tunes to my list! Terrific playlist!!!

"Kickstart my Heart" is def a hard driving, get outta my way kinda song, LOL.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,798,039 times
Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive, 55"
Zeppelin "Going to California" basically thier whole catalog, I am a huge Robert Plant girl, even to this day. He is the golden God. If you like Zep you should read the book Hammer of the God's. Here is one of my favorite exerpts from the book. While staying at the Hyatt Hotel in Seattle upon checking out the tour manager was paying the bill, which included payment for the TV's that were tossed out the windows onto the jetty below. The manager of the hotel said "you know, I've always wanted to do that", so the tour manager gave him the cash for an extra TV and the manager of the hotel tossed a TV out the window! That my friends, is Rock n Roll!

Motley Crue's "Jump Start My Heart" for some reason it makes me drive a little faster....
Nirvana's "Teen Spirit", "Heart Shaped Box"
INXS-Hey Michael Hutchings was HOT! I got to let you know, your one of my kind
Van Halen/Hagar
Clapton & BB King-Riding with The King-by far one of the best CDs I have ever owned
"Smoking in the Boys Room" the orig and Crue's version
Don Henley's "Sunset Grill", it was '83 (I was a sr. in HS) and one of my girlfriends and I would hop in my little 76 bug after school and cruise So Cal's PCH. Start at Seal Beach, through Surfside, Bolsa, Huntington, Newport, Laguna and back. Nothing like those So Cal surfer boys....

Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,448,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I did it! LOL! Okay . . . where is West River Drive? That is a really neat route.
LOL, IN the City of Philadelphia!

East River Drive & West River Drive run along the Schuylkill (pronounced Skook'l) River. Both have been renamed but they are still called by their old names. The river drives run from the Art Museum through Fairmonnt Park.

I drove West River river for years to get to work. The songs that were best on that road are not what you would identify with a big Mid-Atlantic city.

Jessica, Free Bird..... all of the great southern rock......

Seeing that clip tells you why the Philly metro area is considered to be a very different place by people coming from more northern locations.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

East River Drive & West River Drive run along the Schuylkill (pronounced Skook'l) River. Both have been renamed but they are still called by their old names. The river drives run from the Art Museum through Fairmonnt Park.

I drove West River rive for years to get to work. The songs that were best on that road are not what you would identify with a big Mid-Atlantic city.

Seeing that clip tells you why the Philly metro area is considered to be a very different place by people coming from more northern locations.
Southern Rock

Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

I drove West River river for years to get to work. The songs that were best on that road are not what you would identify with a big Mid-Atlantic city.

Really glad you shared that with me, SB!!! Have never lived in Philly - just spent time there w/ relatives. They were in Broomall, Newtown Square area. We would make trips back into the city to see the museums. In subsequent years, have spent time in Philly on conventions. Always have felt very comfortable there.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Guns N Roses "Sweet Child o' Mine", "Welcome to the Jungle", "Knocking on Heaven's Door", "Paradise City"
Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive"
Kid Rock "All Summer Long"

Now I've got the video's/music going while I am typing away, this doesn't help get any housework done...

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,448,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Really glad you shared that with me, SB!!! Have never lived in Philly - just spent time there w/ relatives. They were in Broomall, Newtown Square area. We would make trips back into the city to see the museums. In subsequent years, have spent time in Philly on conventions. Always have felt very comfortable there.
LOL, Many a New Yorker has told me that Philly & South Jersey are really the gateway to the South.

You wouldn't expect this Philadelphia Folk Festival

There's a folk show on the radio every Sunday night that has run forever. One of my favorite folk songs (great for driving in the mountains) is an obscure song that I've heard on the folk show "Across the Blue Mountain".

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Guns N Roses "Sweet Child o' Mine", "Welcome to the Jungle", "Knocking on Heaven's Door", "Paradise City"
Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive"
Kid Rock "All Summer Long"

Now I've got the video's/music going while I am typing away, this doesn't help get any housework done...
I know what you mean. I have a client meeting and am putting stuff together for that while hanging out enjoying the vids. I gotta GO!!! Looking forward to see what you all have posted when I get back!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 AM

Ok, I am cutting myselfl from the team until this evening, I have got to get busy in the house! Catch ya all later.
N

Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,280,003 times
Tonights Carolina Music Intermission
From North Carolina singing soulful oldies Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers - Biography for a Colorful Soul Band

YouTube - Bobby Taylor - Oh I`ve Been Blessed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte