U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 56,379,909 times

Advertisements

tonight's Carolina Music Intermission
It a blue grass selection out originally from Weaverville.
Biscuit Burners

YouTube - Biscuit Burners

Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 AM

7,041 posts, read 12,630,783 times
mornin' all...it's COLD out there!!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:35 AM

3,393 posts, read 8,831,848 times
Nice and warm here at the coffee shop!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:50 AM

677 posts, read 1,958,606 times
Phew, that was a cold walk to work

Old 02-24-2009, 07:32 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,861,220 times
24 in Weddington this AM. Decided to cheat and let the dog run out back to do his business, but no just a whiz! So I had to leash him up and take him out front, stinker! I looked like the kid from Christmas Story all bundled up, ha!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM

35,886 posts, read 64,101,014 times
It was truly chilly. Miss Scarlett and I had a very short stint outside this morning, too!!!!

Okay - is it just me . . . I am tired of trying to help people on threads and then they say we are being rude. I am getting where I want to say - OH GOD PLEASE DON'T COME IF YOU ARE GONNA BE YET ANOTHER CONDESCENDING YANKEE. And y'all know - I love my Yankee hubby and Yankee friends, LOL!! Heck I have Yankee family! But damn.

Why is it that some people make it sooooooo easy for that description of "in your face, whining, complaining, condescending Yankee" to be perpetuated? It is easy for me to just turn off and think "Please close the Mason Dixon line - I can't take another comment from these demanding, GRACELESS people."

Tell me what I want to know, the way I want to hear it - and even if I ask a question that is so broad you could drive a Mack truck through it . . .be precise b/c I don't want to waste my time DOING MY OWN RESEARCH. (I think there should be a requirement that no one can post a question about MOVING TO CHARLOTTE until they have done 1. a google search and 2. a forum search.

Okay. Thank you for listening to my rant. I need to get some work off my desk so maybe I should just step away from CD today.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM

19,985 posts, read 24,891,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It was truly chilly. Miss Scarlett and I had a very short stint outside this morning, too!!!!

Okay - is it just me . . . I am tired of trying to help people on threads and then they say we are being rude. I am getting where I want to say - OH GOD PLEASE DON'T COME IF YOU ARE GONNA BE YET ANOTHER CONDESCENDING YANKEE. And y'all know - I love my Yankee hubby and Yankee friends, LOL!! Heck I have Yankee family! But damn.

Why is it that some people make it sooooooo easy for that description of "in your face, whining, complaining, condescending Yankee" to be perpetuated? It is easy for me to just turn off and think "Please close the Mason Dixon line - I can't take another comment from these demanding, GRACELESS people."

Tell me what I want to know, the way I want to hear it - and even if I ask a question that is so broad you could drive a Mack truck through it . . .be precise b/c I don't want to waste my time DOING MY OWN RESEARCH. (I think there should be a requirement that no one can post a question about MOVING TO CHARLOTTE until they have done 1. a google search and 2. a forum search.

Okay. Thank you for listening to my rant. I need to get some work off my desk so maybe I should just step away from CD today.
I know the thread that you're referring to, Ani.

There's rude people all over. That's why I posted that I would not add anything else to her thread. If everyone ignores it, it will just fade away.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:42 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,861,220 times
I have noticed some rudeness going on, glad it's not just me seeing it. Well as the soup nazi would say..

No post for you!

Sorry, big Seinfeld fan, fit it in when I can.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I know the thread that you're referring to, Ani.

There's rude people all over. That's why I posted that I would not add anything else to her thread. If everyone ignores it, it will just fade away.
I guess I am being overly sensitive. And you are right . . . wh/ is why I didn't respond further to that thread, either. I am just tired of the 'tude, I guess. We are all volunteers here . . . and it just smacks of the ultimate BAD MANNERS to ask broad questions then act indignant when the answers are not what they wanted to hear. I mean - not like they are paying us to share our ideas.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I have noticed some rudeness going on, glad it's not just me seeing it. Well as the soup nazi would say..

No post for you!

Sorry, big Seinfeld fan, fit it in when I can.
LOL! Thanks for the chuckle! Glad I am not the only one noticing it as honestly - I was wondering if it is just me.

Also - I like happy posts and wish I could think of some upbeat threads to start . . . nice to look forward to Spring . . . even tho the chill in the air kinda makes Spring seem distant!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte