U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 6,076,599 times
Reputation: 1062

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Good morning everyone..!!! I've been lurking around CD over the past few weeks and not really adding any value like you guys have, sorry about that! Anyway, some great news came my way this week, after close to seven months of being unemployed, very depressed an becoming terribly fearful of my future, I did land a JOB.!! I've accepted an offer with Merck Pharmaceutical here in Charlotte, near the Research Park complex just off W. Mallard Creek Rd...A word to anyone out there still unemployed, try and stay as positive as you can, and don't ever give up!! If I can land a job at "57", you can too, the right one will hopefully come your way, and I'll be praying for you all....
That's GREAT news! Congrats!

 
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,311 posts, read 4,229,486 times
Reputation: 1088
Best of luck to you, uncgdad, at the new job! May you be the first of many to regain employment. <fingers crossed>
 
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
1,865 posts, read 4,791,771 times
Reputation: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
LOL! I took Oceanography in HS and College and freaked out at the little sand crab running sideways on the desk with his pinchers in the air.
When I was a kid my Dad used to take us crabbing all the time along the shores of the LI Sound. Getting pinched by one is not very pleasant.
I still can't stand horseshoe crabs to this day. They are one nasty, freaky looking critter. They used to scare the crap out of me when Iwas little
 
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
 
1,907 posts, read 4,452,792 times
Reputation: 730
Whoo Hooooo for uncgdad!!!! Way to go Ron. !!!!
Brian, I think you and Loves Mountains' husband are next
 
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 6,076,599 times
Reputation: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
When I was a kid my Dad used to take us crabbing all the time along the shores of the LI Sound. Getting pinched by one is not very pleasant.
I still can't stand horseshoe crabs to this day. They are one nasty, freaky looking critter. They used to scare the crap out of me when Iwas little
I am with ya on the horseshoe crab, eeww! Saw a dead one on the beach near Charleston.

When DH and I were in Hawaii (20 years ago!), he had found a dead sand crab and opened it's claw and attached it to his hair, then jumped out from the jetty like it was attacking him, I just happened to have the video camera. Ya know there could have been some Blue Hawaiian's consumed before the incident.
 
Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
Reputation: 14925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thanks Sunny, You have fun going to Florence. Blast some tunes and enjoy the ride!!
I'm chaperoneing (sp?) my daughters class trip today. The darling little fifth graders have asked to be able to bring pillows so they can sleep through it. Teacher told them if you fall asleep, you better not snore.
How do I get myself into these things?
Have a GREAT day all...............
I hope you had fun today, Where did the kids go and any trouble makers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Good morning everyone..!!! I've been lurking around CD over the past few weeks and not really adding any value like you guys have, sorry about that! Anyway, some great news came my way this week, after close to seven months of being unemployed, very depressed an becoming terribly fearful of my future, I did land a JOB.!! I've accepted an offer with Merck Pharmaceutical here in Charlotte, near the Research Park complex just off W. Mallard Creek Rd...A word to anyone out there still unemployed, try and stay as positive as you can, and don't ever give up!! If I can land a job at "57", you can too, the right one will hopefully come your way, and I'll be praying for you all....
Congratulations Way to go
 
Old 03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
 
1,907 posts, read 4,452,792 times
Reputation: 730
Well Sunny, I actually did have fun. We went to Ovens Auditorium to an educational symphony. The kids were great except for one trouble maker. I simply sat next to him on the bus and planted a kiss on his cheek. Shut him right up!!!! LOL.
How was Florence?
 
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,285,677 times
Reputation: 2121
I've just got this sudden urge to stir up s**t in the political forum...
 
Old 03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
1,865 posts, read 4,791,771 times
Reputation: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I am with ya on the horseshoe crab, eeww! Saw a dead one on the beach near Charleston.

When DH and I were in Hawaii (20 years ago!), he had found a dead sand crab and opened it's claw and attached it to his hair, then jumped out from the jetty like it was attacking him, I just happened to have the video camera. Ya know there could have been some Blue Hawaiian's consumed before the incident.
That's too funny, that would be some video to watch, lol!! I've heard about those Blue Hawaiians...somewhat mind altering, lol!!
 
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 13,126,319 times
Reputation: 2324
mornin' all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top