U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,044,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
NCYank, yep! Lots of changes on the XM side. As of midnight tonight I can listen to my Grateful Dead station, my Springsteen station, the all Elvis station, and some of the other cool Sirius stations on the XM receiver. Plus it saves me 41 bucks every quarter. I like that more than anything.
That is frickin' sweet! Can't wait to drive to work tomorrow to check out the new stations.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,412,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I just ate two biscotti w/ my steamin' fresh cup a java. Ahhhhhhh.
Question: Is biscotti suppose to be dipped then ate? I tried one one time and was like I cant eat this.. hehe

Quote:
I got a new kitty!!! So I spent some time playing with him. Actually, I can't tell if he is a he or a she. I am naming him/her Morgan le Fey . . . that way, if she turns out to be a he, I can just call him Morgan. I know you were all waiting to hear all this, Hee Hee.
Cant you tell something is there or not like blowing in the wind?
I never had a cat do they all squat regardless of gender?
Omg what am I typing

Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,934,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Question: Is biscotti suppose to be dipped then ate? I tried one one time and was like I cant eat this.. hehe

Yes, you dip it in the coffee and that makes it mushy, and then it is really good. Kinda like dunkin' Oreos in milk, I think.

Cant you tell something is there or not like blowing in the wind?
I never had a cat do they all squat regardless of gender?
Omg what am I typing
Well, the way you can tell on a tiny kitten (and this one is tee-tiny - probably not 6 weeks old) is that there is a space b/n - uh - outlets and it is a bigger space for boys than for girls. But I can't tell on this kitty.

I am calling her a her. Here is her story and it is going to break your heart. As you know, DS is at our small cabin in the mountains near Boone. He has a big male cat who stays indoors. Well, his cat kept whining and carrying on until DS went outside and saw a tiny kitten dart under the deck. DS was amazed as there are no cats around the area and this kitten was too small to be away from its momma. By that evening, he realized there were 2 kittens and they were crying constantly and his male cat was very distressed. So the next morning, DS gets out and tried to figure out what was going on. He got under the house and there was no momma cat and the 2 kittens were impossible to find. Then that afternoon it started raining and evidently the poor things were dehydrated and starving so they came out on the deck to drink water off the deck. So DS put out water for them, but they wouldn't come. So he tried to catch them and caught one w/ a fishing net. The other he could never catch. Unfortunately, it started snowing the next day and he has never heard or seen the other kitten again. No mother ever showed up.

This little kitty hardly had its eyes open when DS found it. And so he hand fed it til he could get it down here to me. The poor little thing has the tip of its tail broken so I fear some animal grabbed it, wh/ is what we assume happened to its mother.

Sadly, DS found a dead cat in years past (near the house). So there are critters that will kill cats . . . But we managed to rescue this darling kitty. He is black and has yellow eyes. Just adorable. Well, he/she. Who knows at this point.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,265,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Omg what am I typing

Yeah, seriously.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yeah, seriously.
Now, you all know we are all family here, LOL!!!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Brian, what does that mean - "on top of Magnolia Mountain?????" Do you really have magnolias where you are????

Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM

Here is my dilemma for the day. My hair stylist sold his salon. And he was just super. Absolutely terrific and never screwed up my hair in five years. Not once. He did many different cuts - we loved trying new things - but no matter what - just super precision cuts and I was always happy (as was DH, and that is so important).

So he deserts me. I went back to the salon (new owners) and took a chance on one of the girls there - everyone said - she is great!

Well, the biggest mess I have had w/ my hair in years and years. And that was the last week in August and I get my hair cut about every 5 to six weeks . . . so I am seriously behind . . . and look awful and am soooo stressed out about this hair. Yet, I can't risk someone hacking it up again.

I have let it grow enuff that surely someone can "even it up" - but I need someone who does a precision cut and knows how to use a razor for the sides (not many people can really do this properly!!!!)

So there is my dilemma and I don't know what to do . . . I actually know someone who I think is a good stylist but we are casual friends and what if I hate her work???? Then it is awkward.

What's a girl to do????

Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,381,820 times
Congrats on the new kitty Anifan

Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,381,820 times
Quote:
So there is my dilemma and I don't know what to do . . . I actually know someone who I think is a good stylist but we are casual friends and what if I hate her work???? Then it is awkward.

What's a girl to do????
Ugh, I go to a great girl in Matthews but I'm not sure how she does on that kind of cut. She does amazing color and a rocking Asymetrical though.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,265,398 times
Quote:
Brian, what does that mean - "on top of Magnolia Mountain?????" Do you really have magnolias where you are????

"Magnolia Mountain" is a Ryan Adams song. I've been on a huge Ryan Adams kick after picking up his latest and it was the one thing I found that would fit in that field.

YouTube - Ryan Adams - Magnolia Mountain (Avatar Sessions)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte