U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 07:22 AM

677 posts, read 2,013,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
My group now includes Chipper, a lab mix who is hyper and crazy, Ashley, a husky/german shepherd mix that is timid and fearful and China, the calico cat. Rounding out the mix is Jackson, the elderly cockatiel that only has one functioning leg.
When you find the pictures can you post one of Ashley? I rescued my dog in May and I've been told he's a Shepherd/Husky mix. I'm interested to see if they look alike

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,782,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
Rent under 1450 and my daughter is 14 and in high school 3 bedroom house fenced yard pets welcome
Look for rentals in the Mooresville Graded School District. My son is a Junior at Mooresville HS & he loves it. We're very pleased with it as well. I know there are rentals in Harris Village (my sub), Harris Crossing, Linwood Farms & Curtis Pond, all of which are in the MGSD. There's also several homes, not in subs, available to rent in the area. This area would also put you closer to where your shop will be.

BxRosie

Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thanks Ani, I can't put it off any longer. I saw a beautiful rug in my neighbor's foyer yesterday and she said she got it there. She said they actually let her take two home to check colors. Looking forward to going later.
Ani, I keep forgetting to tell you that I also have a Ms. Scarlett. Hubby got me a new white car and that's what I named her. She's my lil Southern Belle.
Hee Hee. My old Benz is named "The Belle." My license tag in Kansas read "NC Belle" - and ended up being a conversation starter in parking lots, LOL!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
They're officially released concert recordings from one of my favorite touring bands today.

My closest buddy and I went to see them in Raleigh back in April where Ann Marie Calhoun got up and guested. This girl sent Walnut Creek into a near frenzy and wound up being one of their most well received guests. The band put up a ten minute stretch, "Driving Song>Surprise Valley" on their youtube channel from that show.

YouTube - Widespread Panic - Raleigh 2008 - w/ Ann Marie Calhoun

This just never gets old.
Brian, this is good stuff!!! I am surprised at the quality of that vid . . . very nice. That had to be a terrific concert. Anne Marie is exceptionally talented.

For anyone interested . . . MySpace.com - Ann Marie Calhoun - - Folk Rock - www.myspace.com/annmariecalhoun

Old 12-05-2008, 07:57 AM

290 posts, read 717,742 times
Good mornin'!!!! <yawn grabbing blindly for coffee cup> I made a boo boo this morning and went back to bed after getting daughter off to school at 7am.. Not that I have anything to do darnit. The house is all decorated and clean.. so I can spend some free time here LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Look for rentals in the Mooresville Graded School District. My son is a Junior at Mooresville HS & he loves it. We're very pleased with it as well. I know there are rentals in Harris Village (my sub), Harris Crossing, Linwood Farms & Curtis Pond, all of which are in the MGSD. There's also several homes, not in subs, available to rent in the area. This area would also put you closer to where your shop will be.

BxRosie
Thanks Rosie.. Talked to my potential investor yesterday. His concern of course is the economy, which is a big concern for everyone. He is still reviewing and doing research. Soo we will see. I put an ad on petgroomer.com that I was looking for work in tht area(Just in case sale falls thru) and there is an ad for a pet salon looking for a full time groomer on Hwy 16 in Charlotte? Ringing any bells with anyone?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:16 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,383,352 times
Quote:
When you find the pictures can you post one of Ashley? I rescued my dog in May and I've been told he's a Shepherd/Husky mix. I'm interested to see if they look alike
I have a Husky and a Shepard/Boxer mix. Both are great dogs.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee. My old Benz is named "The Belle." My license tag in Kansas read "NC Belle" - and ended up being a conversation starter in parking lots, LOL!!!
Thats funny. Ms. Scarlett is a Benze. I was thinking of geting her a name plate of her own. Either that or ByByVan!!!

Brian, thanks for the link. I'm going to listen while I cook dinner. Thats when I like to "jam". BTW, I'm an old die hard Dead Fan.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thats funny. Ms. Scarlett is a Benze. I was thinking of geting her a name plate of her own. Either that or ByByVan!!!

Brian, thanks for the link. I'm going to listen while I cook dinner. Thats when I like to "jam". BTW, I'm an old die hard Dead Fan.
OHHHH - your Benz deserves her own special plate! And funny - I went from a van to my Benz, too, LOL! God, I was never so glad to get out of that dern van . . . ugggghhhh. Now the NCBelle tag is not as much fun, as I am in NC and I fear it would come off as - well - silly. But a belle in KS - that was fun.
ByByVan works! Congrats on Ms. Scarlett.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM

290 posts, read 717,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Talking about animals and their names....have to find that photo that I have of me and the pooches....used to be on the laptop before it died and now that it is resurrected (the laptop, not the dogs)
That would be rather Pet Semetary-ish wouldnt????

Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 AM

1,559 posts, read 621,201 times
oh my....I rescued a kitten about 5 months ago (Misty), and she looks just like the Pet Semetary cat. It was erie at first...now its cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte