Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 AM

221 posts, read 724,363 times

Advertisements

Okay....just curious??? Do you prefer Facebook or MySpace?
I never felt a desire for MySpace but my sister finally begged me enough to get one. I will only use it to catch up with her and my young neices and nephews. Facebook however, I am hooked. I LOVE going on there and catching up with people (old.old.old high school friends) and seeing how they are.

Let's not even start with the whole teacher fiasco

Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
Okay....just curious??? Do you prefer Facebook or MySpace?
I never felt a desire for MySpace but my sister finally begged me enough to get one. I will only use it to catch up with her and my young neices and nephews. Facebook however, I am hooked. I LOVE going on there and catching up with people (old.old.old high school friends) and seeing how they are.

Let's not even start with the whole teacher fiasco
My kids and several of my friends suggested I do Facebook, so I did. I just find it a hassle, tho, so I rarely mess with it. I am working on a blog that I hope to publish soon. Facebook just seems too involved for me but I have heard others say they really enjoy it!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hey Brian1970, big Ranger Fan here, I didn't get to see the game, so I listened on MSG.com...Lets Go Broadway Blues...

One of the beauties about this season is that Time Warner has more stations set aside for the NHL package than in other years. For some games they've been offering both home and away feeds. Last night they offered the feed with Sam Rosen and Joe Michelletti, and another with Mike Emerick and Chico Resch. So far I've missed out on the MSG feed twice, once for a Capitals game and once when it was a Hockey Night in Canada matchup. A few times I've had the option to watch either the MSG feed or another feed. It's been great this year.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 AM

172 posts, read 584,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I have to balance this out...

How about them NY Rangers last night????

Or should I ask the lethal question: who pulls for who around here?
Aggh and I have given you so many rep points. Islanders here. (ducking)

Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
Aggh and I have given you so many rep points. Islanders here. (ducking)

Good thing you're ducking.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM

221 posts, read 724,363 times
Blogging is so much fun too. Are you using yours as sort of a diary or as a writing outlet. I have several friends that would love to be writers and use it as such. Me, I use our blog to let family know how our children are growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
My kids and several of my friends suggested I do Facebook, so I did. I just find it a hassle, tho, so I rarely mess with it. I am working on a blog that I hope to publish soon. Facebook just seems too involved for me but I have heard others say they really enjoy it!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
Blogging is so much fun too. Are you using yours as sort of a diary or as a writing outlet. I have several friends that would love to be writers and use it as such. Me, I use our blog to let family know how our children are growing.
I don't know how to explain this . . . but I love to write in response to stuff, such as here on the forum. But when I sit down and look at a blank page, I can't write. This is especially amusing when you realize I am a professional writer, Hee Hee. Or maybe that explains it . . . I started out in newspaper, so I got assigned my story topics. Then, I became an editor, so I assigned everyone else's topics (and wrote editorials as well as the occasional feature story).

So I decided to make my blog all informational. We will see how that goes!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 AM

Can you all check out the thread about "Plans changed" - cause the poster needs help finding a place to rent - found out the new job would be somewhere around NODA -university - and I suggested Highland Creek for rent - dont' know if that was the best suggestion or not. OP is looking for something around $850 or so.

Anyone have more info on that area? The OP is flying in on Monday I think and has to find a place to live ASAP.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,310 times
Did anyone watch the CMA's last night? I really like Brad Paisley, but watching him read all night was really getting to me.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM

Anyone from NY - what do you think about Charlie Rangel. Why do I have a soft spot for him? People say he is a crook but even when I disagree w/ him, I like his style and think he really cares about his constituents. Am I just goofy????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte