Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Yes, Ani, I did get the pic. I was really confused at first!

I guess that the situation that I am in (and possibly the same one that your friend is in) leads to jealousy and people vying to be "on top". It's sad because that is not the way that this company used to be. sigh.
So agree . . . that is def what is happening to my friend. Funny thing is, she and I have been talking about this for months - we saw it coming. She thought I was being paranoid when I said - you write emails and that way, it is documented. Now she sees I was trying to help her CYA and is sooo glad I insisted. Sometimes, it is hard when you are in the middle of a situation b/c you don't want to over-react or get suspicious or attribute nefarious motives to your co-workers - so it was easier for me to see it as an outsider. Unfortunately, this kind of crap goes on way too frequently and usually, the person who ends up getting screwed had no clue what was coming. Some people play hardball and are very slick at backstabbing, twisting things around, blame shifting, etc. And so many managers are fooled by this kind of manipulation.

I was given the book "Swimming with sharks" back in the 70s, I believe . . . and so much of that still holds true today. Some people are just calculating JERKS.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,267 times
DH took the kids to Stonecrest last night to try to get a glimpse of Will Smith. They arrived right before him and luckily got a place to stand that was reserved for press. Guy yells out "these guys arent coming " so my kids stepped right up. Escalade pulls up a minute later, out he steps, and starts "high fivin" the kids along the red carpet. My son gets a high five and then he HUGGED my daughter!!!!! How cool is this for them???
Son is happy cause prior to that the only celebrity he's seen was Richard Simmons!! DH was happy cause he didn't have to hang around for the ceremony. They figured it wasn't going to get any better than that and got the heck out! Cool Beans!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
DH took the kids to Stonecrest last night to try to get a glimpse of Will Smith. They arrived right before him and luckily got a place to stand that was reserved for press. Guy yells out "these guys arent coming " so my kids stepped right up. Escalade pulls up a minute later, out he steps, and starts "high fivin" the kids along the red carpet. My son gets a high five and then he HUGGED my daughter!!!!! How cool is this for them???
Son is happy cause prior to that the only celebrity he's seen was Richard Simmons!! DH was happy cause he didn't have to hang around for the ceremony. They figured it wasn't going to get any better than that and got the heck out! Cool Beans!!!
How neat! Will Smith is one of my Hollywood favorites - a really talented guy who also makes it clear he is a family man . . . I know your kids were thrilled!!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Will was dissappointed that I wasn't there, but hey!! You can't have everything. I agree. He's very talented and raising quite a nice family of little celebs.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 AM

I graduated from high school a looooooong time ago, and really am not in touch w/ anyone much from my class. I moved away and the only person I am in contact also moved away - we both moved back here about the same time. I checked out some of the websites where you supposedly post your name and others can contact you, but they all charge a fee and I am not interested in doing that at all.

Anyone know of a way to find out who else is out there who may be looking for classmates? My class has had some reunions along the way (I was told by a former classmate that I ran into in an airport years ago) but they didn't have my address so I didn't get an invite. (Or maybe they just didn't want me there????? HEE HEE)

Any suggestions?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 AM

457 posts, read 1,377,425 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure Will was dissappointed that I wasn't there, but hey!! You can't have everything. I agree. He's very talented and raising quite a nice family of little celebs.
Will Smith has a small part in Jersey Girl, but a very key part in the movie, God, I love that movie, it's cool having lived only a few miles from where it was filmed, Highlands, NJ...

Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 AM

Ani, did you check to see if your school had a site? Brian sent me one on our old school and it was very cool. I was also able to put myself on there for anyone to contact me and was able to see who was available to be contacted. I would guess the reunion planners would check there as well? Just a thought?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Will Smith has a small part in Jersey Girl, but a very key part in the movie, God, I love that movie, it's cool having lived only a few miles from where it was filmed, Highlands, NJ...
I've never seen that movie. I 've been meaning to rent that and his movie where he goes from homeless to wealthy. Can't think of the name.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,084 times
Quote:
I've never seen that movie. I 've been meaning to rent that and his movie where he goes from homeless to wealthy. Can't think of the name.
I think that one has Happiness in the title. Like the secret of happiness or the key to happiness. Does that sound familiar? I didn't see it, but it looked good. I haven't seen a movie in the theatre in almost 2 years...these preschoolers are cramping my style!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 AM

457 posts, read 1,377,425 times
That would be Pursuit of Happiness, where his real life son plays his son, really cute movie..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte