Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
People are just DUMB!! Some people are so wrapped up in the tiny little minutiae of their own daily lives . . . they never listen to the News, never read a newspaper . . . some can hardly read, anyway. . .

I actually have known quite a few people like this! They repeat what they "hear" (especially when it comes to politics) . . . they never get out of their own little cocoon, wh/ involves daily activities and things that are going on right around them. They are lucky to get the clothes washed and the kids out the door w/ their books in the morning. They can tell you what Angelina Jolie is doing but they cannot tell you who the Vice President of the US is. Or they can give you the Monday Night Football line up and they can't tell you who their Senator is.

Y'all know people like this!!! They can tell you what is on sale at Dillards but they can't name the three branches of the government. And if you ask them how schools get funded, they say something like Fund Raisers and school lunches, HEE HEE HEE.
Nobody knows this more than ME. In my current job, I am taking angry phone calls from people who swear that, although they understand that property values across the country have gone down, this (obviously) does not apply to THEM or to THEIR PROPERTY because theirs has this and that amenity..... Most times, I cannot convince them otherwise without being VERY STRONG.... and, that is the least of the things that I have to deal with!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,605 times
Quote:
Nobody knows this more than ME. In my current job, I am taking angry phone calls from people who swear that, although they understand that property values across the country have gone down, this (obviously) does not apply to THEM or to THEIR PROPERTY because theirs has this and that amenity..... Most times, I cannot convince them otherwise without being VERY STRONG.... and, that is the least of the things that I have to deal with!
I can't imagine having those conversations over and over again!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I know you can hardly believe some of the things you hear, CHI, but you have the temperament to deal with it. I know, I know . . . that is small consolation, but you are the person who can say . . . I realize why you feel the way you do . . . however . . .

And not everyone can handle those types of verbal exchanges. Someone has to do it . . . and the universe has given you that chore, LOL!!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM

yeah, you are right, I can usually calm down the crazies and get them to understand what I am saying. (I am especially good with the folks from Jersey and other northerners...can't imagine why...)

That doesn't mean that I LIKE it!!

And, the good news is...I HAVE A JOB!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
yeah, you are right, I can usually calm down the crazies and get them to understand what I am saying. (I am especially good with the folks from Jersey and other northerners...can't imagine why...)

That doesn't mean that I LIKE it!!

And, the good news is...I HAVE A JOB!
And that is good news, indeed!!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 AM

Good morning all! Isn't this lovely warm weather a welcome relief?? I don't care if it is raining...maybe my inflamed bronchial tubes will now go down!!! (I have cold induced asthma, cannot take anti-inflamatories or steroids, so, I have been waiting for a period of warm weather for this to heal!) Yea!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:02 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Seriously...How on earth do you miss at such close range???

Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 AM

Sorry you aren't feeling well cubs! Hope this warmer weather helps you out.

I just heard a strange sound that kinda freaked me out. There is a trap door in my fireplace for the ashes and it sounded like something was trying to come up through it. The shoot leads to the outside of the house on the side of the chimney and I checked out there to make sure the door was shut and it was. Totally weird.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 AM

LOL Brian, aren't the secret service suppose to throw themselves in front of him? I mean come on, missing the first shoe is forgivable but the second? LOL

Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
LOL Brian, aren't the secret service suppose to throw themselves in front of him? I mean come on, missing the first shoe is forgivable but the second? LOL

Exactly. You've got two chances from right up close and you miss both times?????

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte