Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
well it has always enthralled ME lol I can watch it over and over again too.. LOL
REALLY??? I was seriously wondering if I had some type of brain disorder, finding myself watching that over and over, LOL!!!!!

Thanks, Parti!!! Glad to know I am not the only one . . .

Old 12-20-2008, 08:03 PM

290 posts, read 817,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
REALLY??? I was seriously wondering if I had some type of brain disorder, finding myself watching that over and over, LOL!!!!!

Thanks, Parti!!! Glad to know I am not the only one . . .
LOL see??? Wont you be glad when I get there???????

Old 12-20-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
LOL see??? Wont you be glad when I get there???????
Oh, yes I will! And I have a sis up in M'ville that you will have to meet . . . as well as taking care of Miss Scarlett . . . I will drive a long way to have her given personalized attention.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 PM

290 posts, read 817,903 times
Quote:
Oh, yes I will! And I have a sis up in M'ville that you will have to meet . . . as well as taking care of Miss Scarlett . . . I will drive a way to have her given personalized attention.
YAY my firstest client!!!!!
Woot Woot Woot!!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:38 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
. Never been to Stonehenge or Scotland (the latter is too cold for me).

Just for the record it gets colder here in Charlotte than it does in Scotland

Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,186 times
7 hours with no electricity tonight! Every time a little rain falls on my neighborhood my side of the street blows.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:17 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,027,604 times
Quote:
Well, I got a lot done w/ paperwork. But not w/ the books, client files, notes, and other junk that has piled up in this room. I did take time to re-organize my camera stuff - DH got me a new camera bag for Christmas and he gave it to me early so I could get it all put together b/f Christmas Eve (to take pictures). Also, tried to get CDs in order - I had pulled a lot out and never put them back - and so had DH. I am kinda discouraged b/c even tho I did make headway w/ tax info and shredding, the actual things that need moving, relocating, filing, giving away - well -still a lot more of that. But yes, I did make some positive headway. (Just not enuff!)

I sure hope you feel a little more satisfied w/ what you accomplished.
Well,since I was derailed with trying to fix my computer, I don't feel too bad. The next 1/2 won't be as bad...just more shredding...but, the closet...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Well, I was wondering if anyone else finds it as amusing as I do. I was going thru/ some graphics and found it again and found myself wanting to watch it again and again. (I am easily amused).

I guess it seems like a metaphor for life . . . there is this nice, happy little penguin, moseying along, minding his business. Then - WHAP - out of nowhere . .. SLAMMED. Just seems that is how life very often is, LOL!!!
Good analysis, Ani. Maybe that is why I was much less amused and more sad...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Just for the record it gets colder here in Charlotte than it does in Scotland
seriously? with all that damp? I remember 45 in Stoke-on-Trent and drizzly rain (like we had last week) and I thought that I had gone to Siberia!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Well,since I was derailed with trying to fix my computer, I don't feel too bad. The next 1/2 won't be as bad...just more shredding...but, the closet...
We are not going to talk closets. I have managed to get MY closet in order but there are three others that are in varying states of BLOAT. I have to work on the back guest room today, b/c I have clothes stacked up back there that will be needed when we go to Florida, so I can't pack all the summer stuff away. I have to decide NOW what gets packed and what stays out for that trip. And this is for DS, DH and me. Oh yeah, I have told them to go thru/ their stuff but it isn't getting done and the way I see it is . . . they are out cutting trees, pruning trees, carrying off brush, mulching leaves . . . so it isn't as tho they are not doing their part to take care of our home. It is a trade off and so I will just take care of the clothing while they are taking care of the landscaping, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.