Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 03:37 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Here's a fake progress bar. You can look very busy downloading software.

» Make your Computer Look Busy to do something else with Fake Progress Bar

Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here's a fake progress bar. You can look very busy downloading software.

» Make your Computer Look Busy to do something else with Fake Progress Bar
Your the best!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Thanks Ani. We had a great time. The food was wonderful but I really enjoyed getting back home and sleeping in my own bed. My son is still in NJ until next week. I will have to sneak his computer when he is sleeping. I guess I will be making a lot of late night posts. It drives my DH crazy when I am on the computer doing nothing so every time he comes in the room I have to pretend I am busy

Does he sit in front of the tv... This is your TV or this is what I do while my partner reads. Im sure in your history of on this forum you have obtain wonderful useful information. This is like a live book except the characters will talk back

Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Does he sit in front of the tv... This is your TV or this is what I do while my partner reads. Im sure in your history of on this forum you have obtain wonderful useful information. This is like a live book except the characters will talk back
It is entertainment - you are so right. You can share ideas and thoughts - ask questions . . . teach each other stuff. Better than tv cause it is interactive. Plus you get to know people's personalities . . . wh/ makes it sooo much more fun.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Sunny I like the way you think. DH does not sit in front of the TV. He is always busy doing something, he never sits down until everything is done.
You are right about the this forum and the wealth of information I have gotten. When I tell him something useful I got from the forum he is impressed.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is entertainment - you are so right. You can share ideas and thoughts - ask questions . . . teach each other stuff. Better than tv cause it is interactive. Plus you get to know people's personalities . . . wh/ makes it sooo much more fun.
I totally agree. It just seems like I spend way too much time on here and when I was away from the computer last week I didn't know what to do without my online friends. That's when I realized that maybe I am a little to obsessed.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I totally agree. It just seems like I spend way too much time on here and when I was away from the computer last week I didn't know what to do without my online friends. That's when I realized that maybe I am a little to obsessed.
Oh, I know I am way too attached. I keep CD up all the time while I am working . . . and when I am NOT at my desk, it is still up and when I come back to my computer, I quickly scroll around, usually post something, then run back and do some other task. That is what I have been doing most of the day today. I was not on much this weekend cause I was watching movies and running back and forth to the TV, LOL. Love being able to stop the action. DH and I will put on a movie, then stop it to do some tasks, then come back again, watch for a while. Seriously, we would drive most people bananas w/ our habits.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:50 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
ssd...I know how you feel. My laptop crashed a few months ago and I had to wait until just recently to get it back (fixed) from DS. (he felt bad because of my debacle at a local electronics store, that's how I got it back THIS quickly!) I had to use my primary computer and then only once a day! I went through withdrawl!!

Glad to have you here!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
ssd...I know how you feel. My laptop crashed a few months ago and I had to wait until just recently to get it back (fixed) from DS. (he felt bad because of my debacle at a local electronics store, that's how I got it back THIS quickly!) I had to use my primary computer and then only once a day! I went through withdrawl!!

Glad to have you here!
Thanks Chicago. I think the only ones who understand are the people who use CD regularly. I have to get going now before DH catches me. I can only use his computer for 2 more days.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
g'morning everyone;

was just thinking....weren't we all supposed to meet for lunch sometime? I only have one more Wed before school starts...and, when I am trying to juggle 5 classes and (hopefully) working full time, won't have a lot of spare time!....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte