Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times

Advertisements

mornin' all

Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,679,457 times
Good morning and happy Friday!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Happy Friday to you too

Have a bless day everyone

Old 01-30-2009, 06:12 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,781,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
She's got me posting some of my pictures in that forum (I don't know how I kept overlooking it).
I just checked out your photos. Very nice, my personal favorite is Philly at night and Sunset Over Seaside. It makes me a little home sick.
I have been feeling the creative urges lately and was thinking about taking an art class (I use to be pretty good) but now you guys have me thinking maybe photography

Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I just checked out your photos. Very nice, my personal favorite is Philly at night and Sunset Over Seaside. It makes me a little home sick.
I have been feeling the creative urges lately and was thinking about taking an art class (I use to be pretty good) but now you guys have me thinking maybe photography

Well thank you. Photography...paints...it's all art using your own unique eye, perception, and creativity. I'd really like to get my sports photography down as that's just a beast to try capturing from the stands. With scenic shots...I'm working my way up...slowly, slowly, slowly but surely....

Oh, I could send you shots of New Jersey that would really bring out the homesick in you.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Ani, that is a beautiful picture.

Brian, nice shot of Center City Philly, & different (without the Ben Franklin bridge).

Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,781,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Well thank you. Photography...paints...it's all art using your own unique eye, perception, and creativity. I'd really like to get my sports photography down as that's just a beast to try capturing from the stands. With scenic shots...I'm working my way up...slowly, slowly, slowly but surely....

Oh, I could send you shots of New Jersey that would really bring out the homesick in you.
That would be great. When I lived in Charleston SC 24 years ago I fell in love with the area and when I left I was really going to miss it. My neighbor had taken up photography and framed some photos for me of some of my favorite spots as a going away gift. I treasure them to this day. BTW I liked your sports shots too!!!! Keep up the good work

Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Sniff...sniff...I thought ya didn't luv me no more, Miss Ani! You know, I just lurk there right now...can't compete with the Alaska peeps with their landscapes and fauna...NO FAIR! I have said that all we have here lately is brown and dead, so I'll wait for spring instead. I see that the bug has bit you quite hard. I'm waiting to see more of what is produced from this "deduction"! So far so good! And with the new lens which I hope DS doesn't totally abscond with, I only expect...uhhh...perfection?!
DS is gonna abscond w/ it . . . and that's okay. I already have a zoom and he really does need one so he can expand his subject matter.

Not sure how much stuff I will post. I am not very prolific. I was always known as "one shot Ani" b/c when I was shooting professionally, I never liked wasting film (back in the darkroom days!!! I was STINGY w/ film and developing supplies!) . . . so I was very conservative w/ "picking my moment" and shooting only a few photos. That gull picture? Believe it or not, I got that ONE SHOT. It was not bracketed; I just sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for what I envisioned and when the gull flew in the right direction - I set focus on him - and shot the pic w/o even looking thru/ the viewfinder, ROFL! (directly at sun) Family was standing around and I hooted when the gull started flying in the right direction and as I snapped it, DS said "By damn, I think you got it!!!" Luckily, he was right.

So I am not one to take a lot of pictures. If my photos were the only way I could communicate, I would not be speaking but a few sentences a month, Hee Hee.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
PLEASE get into photography! It would be so much fun to have some meet ups for our CLT group. Like - we could plan a few hours uptown - w/ the directive of shooting architecture and architectural elements. Or we could all meet at a park . . .or head to the Botanical Gardens. It would be a lot of fun and we could compare notes and learn from each other, as well. This digital camera - whew. I am such a novice w/ it and trying to learn every time I pick it up.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
DS is gonna abscond w/ it . . . and that's okay. I already have a zoom and he really does need one so he can expand his subject matter.

Not sure how much stuff I will post. I am not very prolific. I was always known as "one shot Ani" b/c when I was shooting professionally, I never liked wasting film (back in the darkroom days!!! I was STINGY w/ film and developing supplies!) . . . so I was very conservative w/ "picking my moment" and shooting only a few photos. That gull picture? Believe it or not, I got that ONE SHOT. It was not bracketed; I just sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for what I envisioned and when the gull flew in the right direction - I set focus on him - and shot the pic w/o even looking thru/ the viewfinder, ROFL! (directly at sun) Family was standing around and I hooted when the gull started flying in the right direction and as I snapped it, DS said "By damn, I think you got it!!!" Luckily, he was right.

So I am not one to take a lot of pictures. If my photos were the only way I could communicate, I would not be speaking but a few sentences a month, Hee Hee.
Ani, that sounds so familiar. I will wait forever for the "right shot", although with a digital camera I will shoot things that I would not have wasted film on because they are not guaranteed to work. (shooting an ancestor's house as I waited in traffic, to send a different perspective of the house to distant cousins)

I had one photography class while at Philadelphia College of Art. My teacher was a (female) professional photographer who emphasized having patience to get a good shot rather than to waste the film.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte