Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
You mean to tell me nothing happened on here ALL day yesterday till Sunny posted last night??? What the dickens???
Hello everyone . I've was up in Jersey for a few days. We had a big surprise blow out for my brother's 50th birthday. What a blast!!
Looks like I didn't miss much here except some beautiful weather. Loved the dentist video, Brian.
Heading up to Hickory w/ DH to try to finally furnish this place. Wish me luck...........
OOOOooooo.....furniture shopping!!! I know what you mean. We finally got some new furniture ourselves recently. It really warms up the place, doesn't seem like a big cavern with an echo, lol!! HAVE FUN!!!

BxRosie

Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,256 times
Mornin' all! Who's ready for Girl Scout cookies? Spent yesterday afternoon unloading moving vans full of cookies and distributing them to the girls, so look for your delivery soon (if you pre-ordered), or look for your favorite cookies at the multitude of cookie booths blanketing the city for the next few weekends. Yes, I'll be out there with my girls - a booth tonight in Waxhaw at the fish restaurant, and tomorrow in Charlotte in the Centrum shopping center by Jason's Deli. Come and get your thin mints!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Roller & brush, Ani.

For some reason which eludes me, the foundation was painted barn red AND Christmas green.

Since the main house color is now a green (about the color of army uniforms durinng the Vietnam War) (after covering the barn red there with 2 coats of color-killing primer), I'm doing the foundation basic black.
Maybe they just loved Christmas, LOL!! Basic black always looks good IMHO.

DH is home today so I'm hoping he finishes painting the loft (he started last week ). I'll be cleaning upstairs, my brother called yesterday & will be coming down late Sun. night to visit for a few days.

HAVE FUN!!

BxRosie

Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 AM

Those Yorkie's are sneaky little things!! I can just picture him now, laying on the floor with his round, full belly, licking his chops. Very happy & contented! LOL!!

BxRosie

Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Quote:
I have 3 of the sticks that screw into the rollers. They only cost a couple of dollars & no worry about the roller getting knocked off.
I was 12, I did what I could with what my grandma had in her shed. She was upset I broke her broom though. Haha

Old 02-13-2009, 09:33 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Roller & brush, Ani.

For some reason which eludes me, the foundation was painted barn red AND Christmas green.

Since the main house color is now a green (about the color of army uniforms durinng the Vietnam War) (after covering the barn red there with 2 coats of color-killing primer), I'm doing the foundation basic black.
Oh, yeah. Roller and stick.

The black will look terrific!

I often wonder what people were thinking when they paint . . . you just gotta wonder what was on their minds or helped them make that decision w/ strange colors . . . maybe there was a big sale on inappropriate foundation colored paint the day the previous owners decided to buy paint, Hee Hee.

Hope the day goes well and the painting goes smoooooothly!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
What's the lotto jackpot up to for tomorrow? I always buy lottery tickets on Friday the 13ths. I usually win small or at least cover my spend

Also just noticed that March 13th is a friday

Old 02-13-2009, 12:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Okay - got a question. My parents need a flat screen monitor to help them see 'cause that little monitor on the laptop is not cutting it.

They don't need high quality so much as "good" quality. I want to find them the best price I can. Anyone have suggestions where I should look online? Know of particular websites? Or deals?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
What's the lotto jackpot up to for tomorrow? I always buy lottery tickets on Friday the 13ths. I usually win small or at least cover my spend

Also just noticed that March 13th is a friday
92 million! I may have to go and purchase a couple myself, 51.1 million cash value. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:57 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
DH got home early today, made lunch, BLT for me and turkey club for him. Brewed ice tea in the tea maker with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Filled the bird feeders and suets, dog ran around with the empty suet container until it was licked clean. DH mowing the lawn. Windows are open enjoying the last hours of good weather. Sewed up hole in dogs monkey toy since he took the monkey sound box out.

The bus stop is in front of our house so he and his father wait for big brother to come home. As soon as he steps out the front door he calls for our dog, it's so cute and then they run along the fence together.

It's a nice day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte