U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:31 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,763,807 times

Advertisements

http://downloads.invcs.com/nc/waxhaw.jpg (broken link)

Well now you've seen the entire town. LOL. Obviously this is just a pic from a drive down Indian Trail Road. Waxhaw is obviously more than this- I've been PMd a few times to post something so here it is

http://downloads.invcs.com/nc/waxhaw2.jpg (broken link)

A pic of the little shopping center (a bad pic b/c you can't see most of everything). Also the day was a lot brighter, for some reason these pics came out dark.

http://downloads.invcs.com/nc/waxhaw3.jpg (broken link)

Another pic of Indian Trail Road (I became fascninated with this long winding road for some reason)

http://downloads.invcs.com/nc/waxhaw4.jpg (broken link)

This was actually a horse stable, unfortunately I was driving to fast to line of the horses in my lens

Well there you've seen ALL of Waxhaw! LOL (of course I'm joking). Anyway don't let me pictures deter you from finding out more yourself- it's a lovely town and I'm not doing it justice by just 4 random pictures.

Last edited by Miker2069; 06-10-2006 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 10:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,077,013 times
Love the 2 lane road! They use pine straw around everything (see trees by fence), that was something new to me as I haven't seen that out here in Cali and we have tons of pine. FYI-the NC state tree is the pine. Thanks for the photo's it takes me back to vacationing there and all the drives we took.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:49 AM

195 posts, read 167,841 times
Still waiting for my pictures in my email =)

Old 06-10-2006, 06:51 PM

720 posts, read 1,484,895 times
Talking More pictures please!!

Oh I'm so envious! Haven't been in Waxhaw in years--when I saw the pics I wanted to be there right now!! It's 57 and windy here in CT--had the neighborhood block party and we were all freezing and wearing coats!! Thanks for posting the pics--please send some more!! Will be in that area in about 4 weeks.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,763,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlecamper
Oh I'm so envious! Haven't been in Waxhaw in years--when I saw the pics I wanted to be there right now!! It's 57 and windy here in CT--had the neighborhood block party and we were all freezing and wearing coats!! Thanks for posting the pics--please send some more!! Will be in that area in about 4 weeks.
I spoke to my wife and she said "rain, rain, and more rain..."- doesn't like the "how's the weather" question anymore

I will take some pictures as I'm out there every day and will attempt to find town hall?

Old 06-11-2006, 12:48 AM

104 posts, read 111,608 times
Pictures look great!

Old 06-11-2006, 06:05 AM

787 posts, read 3,322,041 times
Believe it or not, I had never driven on a 4 lane or interstate road until I moved to Johnston County when I was 35 years old back in 1985. All we have are 2 lane roads. One thing to be said for the country though, normally when we live 5 miles from something it might take 6 minutes to get there. When I worked in Raleigh, I mistakenly took my 20 minute break to go and pay a phone bill that was supposely a mile or so from the place I was. Needless to say it took me longer than 20 minutes to accomplish this in the traffic and the slowness of the person taking the bill. Hey, don't think I am not an equal opportunity complainer. I made the mistake of attempting to pay a phone bill here where I live now and the woman taking the bill clearly only knew the bible method of typing (seek and ye shall find). I was in a hurry (yes we do get in a hurry once in a while) and I swear I was out of patience by the time she took this one measley payment. Online payment here I come. No more going down to Ace Hardware to pay anything anymore although I think my husband does pay the electric bill down there. But that is him. I can tolerate the smell of fertilizers or whatever the heck it is they have in there.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:59 PM

Hey anyone that feels so inclined, sent me some pictures of your state. Since it doesn't appear that I will be able to travel like I wanted to I would love to have the next best thing. PM me for the email address and I would be happy to get pictures be it digital or whatever. I am particularly interested in the Grand Canyon, Lizzie Borden's house where the August 4, 1892 murders took place, anything of historical interest as Ford's Theater, Lincoln's Tomb, The White House, Capital, most anything in Washington, DC, Arlington National Cemetary, Laura Ingalls birth place or museum. You get the drift.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,077,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder
Hey anyone that feels so inclined, sent me some pictures of your state. Since it doesn't appear that I will be able to travel like I wanted to I would love to have the next best thing. PM me for the email address and I would be happy to get pictures be it digital or whatever. I am particularly interested in the Grand Canyon, Lizzie Borden's house where the August 4, 1892 murders took place, anything of historical interest as Ford's Theater, Lincoln's Tomb, The White House, Capital, most anything in Washington, DC, Arlington National Cemetary, Laura Ingalls birth place or museum. You get the drift.
Funny you mentioned Laura Ingalls place, our next door neighbor just came over today and was telling us about her trip back home to South Dakota. She went to Laura Ingalls house! Just thought that was kinda funny. A few other things you may be interested in, The Winchester Mistery House located in San Jose, CA. Winchester as in the rifle. I have been through the house and it gave me the creeps a few times. The Whaley House in Old Towne San Diego, the historically most haunted house in the US. Bodie Ghost Town in CA. Also went through the Whaley House and Bodie, what a great town. It is actually a historical park and is near the backside of Yosimite.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:47 PM

Oh I just love the Laura Ingalls books and the ones by Louisa Mae Alcott as well. My girls read "Little Women" when they just got to reading well enough to be able to read it. Then they started on the Laura Ingalls books. Great authors. I am interested in Deadwood, SD where Wild Bill Hickock was killed. And I know I have the last name spelled wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte