U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:35 PM

14,114 posts, read 20,782,647 times

Advertisements

Besides Concord Mills which isn't a very true outlet mall, is there something else nearby? Don't mind driving a bit if have to. I miss the Orlando Premium Outlets!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM

28 posts, read 127,027 times
Gaffney South Carolina has outlet malls. I really haven't found much at those. :-( They have a Pottery Barn outlet. Its a hit or miss if you find deals there.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:44 PM

905 posts, read 3,060,004 times
About 45-60 minutes down I-85 from CLT is Prime Outlets in Gaffney, SC. They have a nice selection of retailers including my fave Pottery Barn.

Prime Outlets

Be sure to sign up for the 1Club, additional savings!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:54 PM

21,795 posts, read 27,055,545 times
Nowhere near the number that there used to be.........

Coming down 85, I saw signs for JR. I honestly don't remember where they were located but it was in the Goldsboro area when the billboards started.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM

176 posts, read 507,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Besides Concord Mills which isn't a very true outlet mall, is there something else nearby? Don't mind driving a bit if have to. I miss the Orlando Premium Outlets!!
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Concord Mills not a "true outlet mall?" I have never been there, and I am curious what that means.

thanks
sandy

Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM

3,421 posts, read 9,214,032 times
There's the BMOC (Burlington Manufacturers Outlet Center) in Burlington, as well as the previously mentioned J&R. There's a really nice Tanger outlet off I-75 in Forsyth, Georgia, near Atlanta Speedway. There are a few outlet centers at Myrtle Beach.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:52 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,635,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelsandy View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Concord Mills not a "true outlet mall?" I have never been there, and I am curious what that means.

thanks
sandy

Most of the stores are the same ones found at other malls. They are not outlet (discount prices) stores.

Mall directory

Old 11-11-2008, 06:18 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,920,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sadly, Himain, there simply is nothing around here to compare to Orlando's Premium Outlets. We make two trips a year to FL and hit the Premium Outlets on the way.

I have a hit and miss style w/ outlets . . . all depends on whether or not there are additional markdowns going on (end of season, typically). Otherwise, I find that the prices are really not that terrific and sometimes, the merchandise has been brought in just for the outlet (not regular stock). We also hit Pigeon Forge at least once a year, Nashville . . . of course, we check in at Blowing Rock but Tanger is not my idea of big mark downs.

There is a real Vanity Fair Outlet in TN - can't remember where right now - and a real Johnston Murphy shoe outlet - and a real Hartmann luggage outlet and we hit those at least once a year.

In Atlanta, I frankly find the best bargains NOT at the Dahlonega Outlets but rather by hitting the regular retail stores at Phipps and Lenox when things are on sale. I love Bloomies and get great household stuff there (on sale).

I like Saks Outlet in Concord - sign up for their email and you will get coupons for additional $$ off.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,401,392 times
there several Tanger Outlets on various ends around Myrtle Beach one even has Calvin Klein outlet.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:48 PM

176 posts, read 469,150 times
I made it to the outlets in Gaffney in 45 minutes from South Charlotte. hahaha I have a heavy foot though. Just get on I-85 South and go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte