U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 AM

34,510 posts, read 39,992,614 times
Default Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

Thought it might be helpful to start a list of any place open on Thanksgiving day/evening . . . in the past, we have flown into NC on Thanksgiving Day (cheap flights!) only to find nowhere to eat! Same thing for Christmas - we have had Christmas lunch at Chinese restaurants more than once, Hee Hee (yes - straight outta that scene from Christmas Story).

So just wondered if anyone knows of restaurants that may be open on Thanksgiving Day.

Also - a note to any newcomers - all ABC stores are closed on holidays, so if you want to buy anything for the bar, do it the day before.

I am sure any brunches/buffets that are open on Thanksgiving would require reservations . . . so for any of you who are not planning a big celebration at home (or are having guests in and would like to eat out) . . . time to be making those reservations.

I noticed Ballantyne Resort is having a brunch:

Thanksgiving Brunch
Join Ballantyne Resort for a favorite tradition with Thanksgiving Brunch on Thursday, November 27 from 11AM to 3PM. Leave the cooking to Ballantyne Resort, and enjoy an endless array of seasonal salads, decorative displays, carving stations with regional accompaniments and decadent desserts.
13 & older - $48.95; 7-12 - $25.95; 3-6 - $7.95; Under 3 – free (pricing does not include tax & gratuity). Reservations are required. To make a reservation, please call 704-248-4100

Anyone know of other possibilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 07:10 AM

228 posts, read 631,165 times
Fatz restaurant (there is one in Shelby and one in Concord) is open on Thanksgiving and in general has pretty good food.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 AM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
K&W Cafeteria.

Roast turkey w/ dressing and cranberry sauce, 2 vegetables, Dessert and coffee or tea for $5.99
http://www.kwcafeterias.com/images/ThanksgivingTABLETENT07.jpg (broken link)

locations
Charlotte
7316 E. Independence Blvd.
Quorum Center
Pinnacle Point
9545 Pinnacle Dr.

Concord
349 P Copperfield Blvd.
I-85, Exit 60

Cornelius
8311-8 Magnolia Estate Dr.
Magnolia Shopping Center

Old 11-12-2008, 08:17 AM

Thanks, JMM and Sunny.

Sunny - that K&W deal has me wondering why I fix a big spread every year, LOL.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM

3,173 posts, read 5,562,703 times
I received this email today:

THANKSGIVING FEAST
AT NORTH HARBOR CLUB
Enjoy spending time with your family and friends
at the unparalleled lakeside setting
of the North Harbor Club Restaurant & Bar

Our chefs will expertly prepare all the traditional favorites
and we even take care of the clean up afterwards!
Thursday, November 27th
Open at 12:00pm with last seating at 6:00pm

$26.50 for Adults
$15.95 for Children under 12

Don't miss out -
Make your reservations today!
Call 704.896.5559

I also know that Mamma Mia in Huntersville will have a Thanksgiving Buffet dinner.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 PM

221 posts, read 456,552 times
I know that this is not exactly the restaurant you are looking for but.....
Took daughter to lunch today, and there was a BIG sign at McDonald's saying they are open all day. Value meal anyone?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 PM

Superk - great info - thank you so much for mentioning it. Nice place to go, too.

Patti - I love it! One thing about it - Mickey D's is not gonna let us starve!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,562,703 times
The Golden Corral's always have a special Thanksgiving Day menu available. And, you just know I'm going to do it, but if you find the pricing of the offering from the Ballantyne Resort to be a bit pricey, a really nice alternative is the Grandover Resort and Conference Center Grandover :: Welcome

Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
The Golden Corral's always have a special Thanksgiving Day menu available. And, you just know I'm going to do it, but if you find the pricing of the offering from the Ballantyne Resort to be a bit pricey, a really nice alternative is the Grandover Resort and Conference Center Grandover :: Welcome
I have never been there, but DH has had a conference there and said it is a beautiful facility and grounds. Great suggestion!

Since we are mentioning out of the area places, let me suggest the Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock - they will be serving lunch and the prices are more realistic:

Green Park Inn - Blowing Rock, NC Accomodations (http://www.greenparkinn.com/blowing_rock_thanksgiving.html - broken link)

This could be a romantic weekend - take off to a resort for Thanksgiving!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 PM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have never been there, but DH has had a conference there and said it is a beautiful facility and grounds. Great suggestion!

Since we are mentioning out of the area places, let me suggest the Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock - they will be serving lunch and the prices are more realistic:

Green Park Inn - Blowing Rock, NC Accomodations (http://www.greenparkinn.com/blowing_rock_thanksgiving.html - broken link)

This could be a romantic weekend - take off to a resort for Thanksgiving!

Families , inlaws etc are not invited right? hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte