U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,745,269 times

Advertisements

I would like a recommendation for a security alarm company in CLT. What type of response do they provide ie:If you are out of the house..call your cell? Call for police? Respond with their own people?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,058,541 times
Do a search for more information, this subject comes up every few weeks.

I have had American, Matrix, ADT, and now CPI (home and business).

Extremely pleased with CPI equipment and service - upgrade to cellular back in case savvy criminals cut your phone lines (was happening in the area over the summer).

CPI has invested in a huge monitoring center near Tryon & 485 so I know they are committed to the area.

No connection with CPI other than a satisfied customer.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Do a search for more information, this subject comes up every few weeks.

I have had American, Matrix, ADT, and now CPI (home and business).

Extremely pleased with CPI equipment and service - upgrade to cellular back in case savvy criminals cut your phone lines (was happening in the area over the summer).

CPI has invested in a huge monitoring center near Tryon & 485 so I know they are committed to the area.

No connection with CPI other than a satisfied customer.
Thanks Mullman. Any suggestions that I might include into a home that I am going to renovate starting in Jan. and plan on living in part time? ie; Wiring that can be done while I have walls torn apart, etc. (Or, maybe I should just arrange for the company to come and meet with me and get their suggestions)

Thanks again for the recommendation.
John

Old 11-13-2008, 06:44 AM

John-

Just let them come and recommend.
FYI, the new technology includes wireless door and window switches so wiring everything is not completely necessary.

Good Luck!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
John-

Just let them come and recommend.
FYI, the new technology includes wireless door and window switches so wiring everything is not completely necessary.

Good Luck!
Whoops, just gave my age away. Didn't know that geat news.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,672,268 times
Pittbull and a shotgun !

Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Pittbull and a shotgun !
That is the backup system after the alarm wakes me up

Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 AM

14,131 posts, read 20,909,788 times
I second CPI

Old 11-13-2008, 07:29 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
I have Brinks but they just sent me this odd letter and a request to re-sign my contract (wh/ includes a higher monthly fee). I was really really angered by this b/c the letter said they did not have the extended service contract on file (even tho I have been paying them for the extended service for exactly six years now). The fact that they ran a price increase in on this contract wh/ supposedly replaces the "missing" one really ticked me off. I moved my contract from KCMO to here in NC when we moved in and was guaranteed a price for doing that. So I have had them over 15 years and this is how they treat me???

So I am wondering what other services are out there, how much it would cost to change services and additional monthly fees from someone else . . .

Feeling like a longtime, loyal customer who is getting screwed right now.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 AM

852 posts, read 2,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have Brinks but they just sent me this odd letter and a request to re-sign my contract (wh/ includes a higher monthly fee). I was really really angered by this b/c the letter said they did not have the extended service contract on file (even tho I have been paying them for the extended service for exactly six years now). The fact that they ran a price increase in on this contract wh/ supposedly replaces the "missing" one really ticked me off. I moved my contract from KCMO to here in NC when we moved in and was guaranteed a price for doing that. So I have had them over 15 years and this is how they treat me???

So I am wondering what other services are out there, how much it would cost to change services and additional monthly fees from someone else . . .

Feeling like a longtime, loyal customer who is getting screwed right now.
Is the equipment yours or theirs? That will probably make a huge difference in the ease of transferring to another monitoring company if you chose to go that route. Sometimes the alarm companies have you by the you know whats if they own the actually equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte