Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Yeah, great for him, lousy for the customer....
Just in case you weren't sure, I was being sarcastic....didn't you notice the :>...

I did like your better though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 PM

RE: Prices....I was wondering about 15 bucks for a pie, so I just went to the famous rays of NY website..they charge 13 bucks for a large pie...and that's the real, authentic, NY eatery....The places here got some chutzpuh....not just lorenzo's, but any of 'em charging more than say 11 to 12 bucks a pie....especially that marinos.....
cost of living = supposed to be cheaper here!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,016,660 times
Talk about prices, the newish Villa Francesca at Caldwell and 7th St charges $17 for their basic tomato & cheese pizza. That's just ridiculous.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,561 times
Default No more Lorezno's here....

Went to Lorenzos today for lunch (the wife wanted to try it again after a less than steller dinner attempt). I had a house salad with chicken on it, she had a piece of granny's pizza (or what ever it is called) and 1 soda to split. Total tab = $15.05. That's the last time we will ever go there. Sorry folks just not worth the $$. BTW wife liked the pizza but said it could have been warmer. Oh and the kid that waited on us, really needed a shave and bath, he looked somewhat homeless. Yuck...not what I want handling my food.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:30 PM

201 posts, read 598,625 times
I'll second the vote for Mexquite. Very tasty!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:46 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Went to Lorenzos today for lunch (the wife wanted to try it again after a less than steller dinner attempt). I had a house salad with chicken on it, she had a piece of granny's pizza (or what ever it is called) and 1 soda to split. Total tab = $15.05. That's the last time we will ever go there. Sorry folks just not worth the $$. BTW wife liked the pizza but said it could have been warmer. Oh and the kid that waited on us, really needed a shave and bath, he looked somewhat homeless. Yuck...not what I want handling my food.
jlat, since you don't like pizza (as you mentioned earlier in this thread), why would you even go back to Lorenzo's? We know your going in there w/a negative attitude toward the place, so getting a positive review is probably close to impossible anyway, right?

That would be like me if I said "I don't care for BBQ" (no matter what kind), and going to the Rock Store in Stallings back after I had it the first time..why would I do that?? Of course I'm going to give it a bad review because I dont' care for the food.....

Not sure what your trying to accomplish w/your post.....

Old 01-07-2009, 06:41 PM

43 posts, read 127,943 times
Default coupons

I agree with most of what has been said on this forum. Namely..

1. Pizza is pretty darn good
2. Wait times are excessive
3. Organization / layout for eat in is very poor
4. Pizza is expensive

On the last note, has anyone seen coupons? it would make it easier to swallow if the pies were a bit cheaper..???

Old 01-07-2009, 08:08 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
jlat, since you don't like pizza (as you mentioned earlier in this thread), why would you even go back to Lorenzo's? We know your going in there w/a negative attitude toward the place, so getting a positive review is probably close to impossible anyway, right?

That would be like me if I said "I don't care for BBQ" (no matter what kind), and going to the Rock Store in Stallings back after I had it the first time..why would I do that?? Of course I'm going to give it a bad review because I dont' care for the food.....

Not sure what your trying to accomplish w/your post.....

Wow…I never said that I didn't like pizza Jack, you are putting words in my post that is not there. I said that "pizza was not my favorite thing to eat", and "that there are better, healthier options out there." Anyway if you had taken the time to read the post before you decided to take a jab at me, you would have seen that I didn't eat the pizza today Jack, I had a salad and the wife had the pizza. She said that the pizza was good, but could have been warmer. But for a salad, drink and a 4x5 slice of pizza, $15.05 is a bit steep. That's what I posted Jack, just the facts, not an opinion. If you'd like to see the receipt, I'd be way happy to show it to you.

Many people have given Lorenzo’s a second chance and have posted about it good and bad. That’s all I was doing here Jack, so I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here either. There are other's that have posted that they didn't care for Lorenzo's and I haven't seen you take them to task. Why is that Jack? If you disagree with what I post here or on any thread, that's fine, but know that I appreciate your views and I would hope that you would appreciate mine as well. I never singled out anyone that posted here that gushed lovingly about Lorenzo's. But you seem to be offended by things that I have posted here and other threads and for some reason feel that you need to call me out about it. Please know that I really apologize for you feeling that way Jack, however, if I am not mistaken, everyone is welcome to post here as long as it falls within the guidelines of the TOS. If I have somehow violated the TOS by posting a view that runs contrary to yours or to the collective posters here on CD, I think that Sunny or one of the other mods will take care of that.

Okay Jack?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM

Hey there CouponJack - a bit aggressive there - you on the lorenzo's payroll?
is that why the pizza prices are so high???
let's take it easy - it was just a post about a lunch experience...i actually found it helpful since I am on a tight budget, and frequently complain about the prices of things around here, this helps...
personally, I'm not going to any pizza place for lunch until one of em gets smart enough to offer 2 slices and a coke for 4-5 bucks...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Quote:

Wow…I never said that I didn't like pizza Jack,

Quote:
Tried this place today...sorry not really impressed. Never been a big pizza eater anyway
When someone tells me they've never been a big ___ eater anyway, I'd interpret that as that person really not liking that food..

Wouldn't you agree?

then you go on an anti-pizza rant (IN A PIZZA THREAD NO MATTER), that would be like a vegetarian chiming in on a thread about Morton's.....it serves no purpose!

Quote:
I never understood the big passion from all the transplants about it since there are so many better, tastier and more healthier options around..

Finally, you comment that the waiters have sanitation issues...I mean, cmon really...you know what? If "The Penguin" was judged like that, they would have ZERO business......have you checked out those waitresses? But I could care less how they "looked"...The food is great there....!

My point in all this was with all the reasons you gave and the negative vibes going in, you were never going to give a place like Lorenzo's an objective shot. That's the beef I had...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte