U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoNC View Post
Mullman, I think it was me who gave you the recommendation to try Brooklyn on Colony. If you like cooked onions, you have got to try the Grandpa Pie. It is the same as the Nonna pie, but it has cooked onions and bread crumbs & is yummy! I like Avanti too. Sounds like we have similar taste.
We'll try it!

You slammed Brixx in another thread.
It's different - it is more European brick oven style with fresh toppings.
I like both (NY Style & thin european style), just depends on the mood.
Brixx has great salads as well and tons of beer on tap (Stella, Blue Moon, Franziskaner Hefe-Weissen, Fat-Tire).

But I agree about CiCi's - its like Chuck-E-Cheese.
It is a buffet, what do people expect?

Back to the OP...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 PM

43 posts, read 118,128 times
I can't agree more with Charlotte99....definitely more eloquent and yet another reason not to support this business...the amazing thing is that charlotte99's experience was on a weeknight...

If I was involved in the business in any fashion, i'd truly take the criticisms and FACTS on this board to heart...

Like Charlotte99, I will not be going back...just don't have the time or energy to waste on something that should be so simple and enjoyable as a hot pizza...

Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,661,977 times
Default Mullman

That is so funny!

I can't wait to hear!

We never tried Avanti's but will add it to our list since we pass it almost everyday!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 AM

3 posts, read 5,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I've had Tony's at Matthews and the one in Ballantyne and meh, its not bad. I think its on the level of palace pizza in Indian Trail to be honest....

But I don't think it holds a candle to Lorenzo's....
wow with that kind of comment i'm going to have to try Lorenzo's now !

Old 04-16-2009, 03:30 PM

3,322 posts, read 4,532,454 times
Interesting. I've never had a bad experience with the staff. In fact, I've had nothing but great experiences. I would be pissed if someone took my pie to give to another family though. That's not right at all.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 AM

31 posts, read 51,326 times
Default Brooklyn Pizza experience...

I went to Brooklyn Pizza for a dine in dinner with the family the other day and the experience was great. Our pizza was delivered on time, hot and delicious. My daughter got a pasta dish that she loved and eat the entire plate. While we were eating at our table the staff continually came by to see if we needed any refills or anything else, and were very helpful and cordial.

Pleasant, young staff. Nice layout for the restaurant. Signs that actually tell you where to go to place your order if you are take out or dine in. Overall we had a really good family dining out experience, which is exactly what I would expect at a pizza parlor.

BTW - We went to Brooklyn Pizza because it is close to where my son plays baseball at OP. We ate before a 6:00 PM Sunday night game so we were a little pressed for time. No problem, said the women at the counter, we will make sure you get your food in 10-15 minutes. They did.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,200 times
Went to Lorenzo's for the first time last Sat night. After a long day of gardening, I was pooped and figured pizza to go would be quick and easy. Quick, not so much. So I get in line, grab a menu and all I see is a large pizza for $18, a little pricey but I hear it's good. I told the gal I had never been here before and all I wanted was a pepporoni pizza so she rang me up, $20. I sat and waited for a solid 45 minutes for my to go pizza. Another gal had called hers in and still had a good wait. Finally they call my name and I walk out to the car and hand the pizza over to DH who opens the box, turns, looks at me and says "you couldn't have ordered a larger pizza"? It was huge, I mean 8 huge slices! Good Lord, no wonder it was $20! Once I told the gal I had never been there before she really should have shown me how large the pizza slices were. Pizza wasn't too bad, much better than Avanti's salt lick pizza. But I don't like when you pick up a piece of pizza and it hangs down, had to fold it to eat it. Next time I know to order by the slice.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:53 PM

286 posts, read 942,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
But I don't like when you pick up a piece of pizza and it hangs down, had to fold it to eat it. Next time I know to order by the slice.
Be sure not to go to any NY style pizzerias then. Also, we just went this weekend and I remember the large's were $14.95.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
Be sure not to go to any NY style pizzerias then. Also, we just went this weekend and I remember the large's were $14.95.
LOL, I've heard that about NY pizza.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:24 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,005 times
LOL, let's keep the thread rollin' - 16K+ views, more than any thread on the overview page!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte