U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 PM

345 posts, read 719,392 times

Advertisements

Don't forget about all the wasps and hornets here in Charlotte! I would absolutely love it if my condo balcony was screened! Whenever the weather warms up the wasps and bees are all over the place flying around my balcony so much that I cannot even go out there because I am allergic to bee stings. A screened porch would keep those creatures out of the way. Spraying doesn't seem to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,446,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
LOL....I get that feeling from your username that we're DEFINITELY on the same page DameMeow...the sun rises and sets with my two babies....I knew they'd like it...I didn't know how much!!! The only little issue is that the neighbors let their cats roam and I'll see their cats sitting at the porch door driving mine CRAZY!!! lol....They can't wait to get out there...we have an alarm with door sensors and it's so funny to listen to the beeps all day as they go in and out....the tile is a little cold for their tootsies lately though...so they aren't out there for long in the last several weeks....we were city dwellers back in NY and they sat on the window ledge way up on the 5th floor...now they're right in the action....

I swear my one cats looks at me sometimes and says with his eyes, May I eat him? Plllleeezzeee? LOL....Naughty boy....
More, Do your cats have claws? I'm afraid to let my kittys out on the porch for fear they'll claw the screen trying to swat the bugs and birds. They swat at the windows in the house as it is. What do you do about this???? Thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM

693 posts, read 1,954,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
More, Do your cats have claws? I'm afraid to let my kittys out on the porch for fear they'll claw the screen trying to swat the bugs and birds. They swat at the windows in the house as it is. What do you do about this???? Thanks
Doorway,

It's not a great idea to leave the cats unattended on a screened porch. Even if they don't have the claws to claw through, you need to be watchful of what may claw its way in.

While working at the cat hospital back in FL, we saw rabid foxes & raccoons bust into screened porches as well as neighborhood dogs attack cats through screens. Also, if your indoor cat is going to be allowed on a screened enclosure, you need to make sure your cats vax's are up to date. Nose to nose contact with outdoor cats can spread infections, and leave an indoor kitty vulnerable to outside cat diseases such as feline leukemia and FIV (feline aids) or even run of the mill respiratory diseases.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times
can anyone recommend someone who does this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte