Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,004 times

Advertisements

I've heard TONS about charlotte....but I'm a little confused. There are SO many areas and very many surrounding counties. we are coming down in April to look and I want to make sure to look in the right places. Can you help me? We are a young family, hoping to expand our family very soon. we are looking for a nice community, pretty blocks, nice people....just a really pretty neighborhood and a really pretty town. I like scenic looking areas like from the movie pleasantville if anyone has ever seen that. It's very important that there be good schools. and seeing as I am originally from NY, i need a little city too. restauraunts, shops, fun things to do with my children and husband, parks etc that are somewhat close by. And my husband will be working in what i assume is downtown so a place that is an easy commute...no more than 30 minutes. We definitely don't want to live IN the city, but if there are nice suburbs or a beautiful town in a surrounding county. Any suggestions? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 AM

58 posts, read 77,666 times
Hi there, I'm also originally from NY (Poughkeepsie) - although I haven't lived there for 15 years. What part of NY are you from?

I have lived in South Florida for the last 12 years and will be moving to Charlotte this summer. My wife and I are also starting a family, and looking for the same things you're seeking. We will also be there the first weekend of April looking at houses. We're going to focus on the South Charlotte area (Ballantyne, Pineville, Matthews, North Union Co.). The commute to Uptown is probably more like 45-60 minutes from what I've heard, but those areas are beautiful.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:33 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Check out Union County, Marvin/Waxahaw area....You can also check out Ballantyne area is in Mecklenburg County....I have a great realtor that can point u in the right direction if you need assistance pls just PM me...the shopping centers in the Ballantyne, Marvin Area are absoultely beautiful with the Architecture, and very upscale but yet not Stuffy....Im originally from brooklyn then Staten Island and now jersey and moving to Marvin/Waxhaw area and am so excited....good luck to you...

Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork9 View Post
I've heard TONS about charlotte....but I'm a little confused. There are SO many areas and very many surrounding counties. we are coming down in April to look and I want to make sure to look in the right places. Can you help me? We are a young family, hoping to expand our family very soon. we are looking for a nice community, pretty blocks, nice people....just a really pretty neighborhood and a really pretty town. I like scenic looking areas like from the movie pleasantville if anyone has ever seen that. It's very important that there be good schools. and seeing as I am originally from NY, i need a little city too. restauraunts, shops, fun things to do with my children and husband, parks etc that are somewhat close by. And my husband will be working in what i assume is downtown so a place that is an easy commute...no more than 30 minutes. We definitely don't want to live IN the city, but if there are nice suburbs or a beautiful town in a surrounding county. Any suggestions? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you
A lot depends on how much you can afford to spend on a home. Give us a ballpark figure and we can make some suggestions on where to look

Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Yes loves is the queen or areas...so shoot it out there and guarenteed she can assist as well as the rest of us....

Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Yes loves is the queen or areas...so shoot it out there and guarenteed she can assist as well as the rest of us....
Well thanks for the kudos, you made my day

Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 AM

right back at ya my friend

Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,534 times
If you want an uptown feel without being Uptown you might like South Park, Piper Glen, Ballantyne, Blakeney or Matthews. I suggest you start your search online. Feel free to access my website (found under my "Profile") to see what's available. If you'd like a relocation packet send me an e-mail. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte