U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,960,174 times
Default Best day for Southern Christmas Show??

Is there any specific day when the crowds are smaller at the Southern Christmas Show? I have arthritis in my hips and back and really can't stand around a lot waiting to get through a crowd to see things. Walking is fine, it's the standing that gets me. I am available to go during the week through the day, but was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any day that might be best. Wednesday is out for me, though.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 PM

117 posts, read 403,862 times
Their web site: http://www.southernshows.com/scs

Usually any day between Monday and Thursday are better (during the day when most people are at work and skip Fridays because many people are either off or take the day off to go). We took off 1/2 day during the week and went to the Southern Women's show this year and there wasn't hardly anyone there...it was SO nice. Check their calendar to see what they have going on during the different week days.

Southern Christmas Show - Southern Christmas Show

I don't even bother trying to go on the weekends for these things - just way too many people.

By the way, I saw somewhere that Harris Teeter had tickets for $7.50 (and for those who can go in the evening...you get like $4 off the ticket price if you go after 5 or 6 but I can't remember where I saw it). Save a buck, buy your ticket on line (at least 24 hours in advance).

Also make sure to check for vendor coupons at Southern Christmas Show - Southern Christmas Show.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:25 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,960,174 times
Thanks! I knew about the Harris Teeter discount, but not the evening one.

I'm having second thoughts, though, because I didn't realize it also costs $6 to park. I think spending $13.50 even before you get in the door is a bit pricey. I'll have to think about it. I'll be going by myself so not like we can share the parking fee.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM

371 posts, read 639,685 times
Also make sure to check for vendor coupons at Southern Christmas Show - Southern Christmas Show.

Question for any one who has been this year......did you use any of these coupons? Which ones are worth printing?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM

1,867 posts, read 3,505,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosocialclub View Post
Their web site: http://www.southernshows.com/scs

Usually any day between Monday and Thursday are better (during the day when most people are at work and skip Fridays because many people are either off or take the day off to go). We took off 1/2 day during the week and went to the Southern Women's show this year and there wasn't hardly anyone there...it was SO nice. Check their calendar to see what they have going on during the different week days.

Southern Christmas Show - Southern Christmas Show

I don't even bother trying to go on the weekends for these things - just way too many people.

By the way, I saw somewhere that Harris Teeter had tickets for $7.50 (and for those who can go in the evening...you get like $4 off the ticket price if you go after 5 or 6 but I can't remember where I saw it). Save a buck, buy your ticket on line (at least 24 hours in advance).

I saw that about parking too and on top of the admission price, it seems ridiculous. I used to make soap and sell at Christmas craft shows and it seems to me that there should be no admission price, or at least it should not be more than two or three dollars, and the vendors should pay a little more for their booths to make up the difference. We are after all there to buy from them. The malls don't charge us to get in the door, do they?

OOPS, sorry, I just did a search on the show and this thread popped up, I didn't notice until now how old it was.

Last edited by Rapunzll; 11-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: realized it was an old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte